prof. Meter and Analyzer

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

ThomasT

prof. Meter and Analyzer

Post by ThomasT »

Hi,

I looking for a professional Meter (peak and VU) and a spectral analyzer for mastering with scope.

I played with some devices, but there are more or less play tools.
Especially the analyzer I found in "devices" here is quite useless. The level resolution may be to low.

I used to work with the spectral analyzer of wavelab. And I know what I see there. I see the differences between different musical material and I see the problems with the material. Of course, I don't master by looking at tools, I primarely use my ears. But its good to have such tools.

Does anyone know good analyzing tools?
ThomasT

Post by ThomasT »

Hey thanks. I must have overseen this. It announced at august 2005...

Btw. his mixer looks cool.
ThomasT

Post by ThomasT »

stardust wrote:That is in the eye of the beholder ;)
to me it looks like barbie candy colors similar to the macs some time ago.

the devices are good though :)
Depends on the color. You can use some colors with lower saturation. I don't know why people today with 24bit graphic cards prefer those ugly "base colors" like a strong red (255, 0, 0) instead of a more eye pleasent red (213, 73, 73).

I'm a color junkie. Not, that I wear any other color that black...8)
But for indicating different but similar things (like channels) color is the best way to to it.

I have my own set of colors (in cubase):
brown - drums
gray - bass
four kind of grayish blue (darker - brighter) for rhythm guitars
two kind of cyan - lead guitars
three greens for synthies and keys
etc. pp.

I see a cyan track and I know "this must be a melody guitar part"...

I just downloaded the demos. We will see... :wink:
wolf

Post by wolf »

That is in the eye of the beholder ;)
to me it looks like barbie candy colors similar to the macs some time ago.
:D

However no one forces you to use this feature. I find it very handy for quick access.
I just downloaded the demos.
The demo only includes the all-in-one analyzer, there's also bigger level meter and lots of other useful stuff available in the pack, i.e. LEDs to show levels right in the project window -> very helpful, if for example you don't know which of the 24 inputs carries the signal in question.

best,
Wolfgang
hubird

Post by hubird »

wolf wrote:and lots of other useful stuff available in the pack, i.e. LEDs to show levels right in the project window -> very helpful, if for example you don't know which of the 24 inputs carries the signal in question
yes, that's a feature which I'd like to have implemented in all SFP