an idea/wish for modular

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

mr. prawn

an idea/wish for modular

Post by mr. prawn »

what i would like is a module w/ 4 or 8 vertical sliders w/ a label for each slider. the sliders can be routed to cc#'s or used like a constant val if connected to mod inputs. so after you have patched everything you can resize the mod window just to show a couple of these modules which control the most important parameters & whatever else you want to leave in the screen (sequencers or envelopes for example), hide the patch cables & voila!
basically i find that once ive created something in modular & saved it i tend not to change much & theres only ever a few controls i want to tweak at a time. personally im not crazy about the front-end you can use w/ mod 3 - aesthetically or functionally - i think vertical sliders work best for mouse control. so for me such a module would be nice - maybe some others would like it too?!
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Mehdi/SpaceF CC5/CC8 could help you and provide much more ...

Check there:
http://www.spacef-devices.com/

Maybe you can ask him to provide it as a modular module.

CheerZ
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

a scaleable mpc replacement.

Well, this is a good idea.
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

i forgot about cc5, thanks for that - i meant to get it a while back. id like something within the mod shell though, & w/ labels.
a scaleable mpc replacement.
basically - i mean it would be nice to have comprehensive, customizable interface to replace hte mpc but that is unrealistic. maybe a module like what ive suggested could be a simple solution.