Sonic Core --> Yamaha CS80

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

erminardi

Sonic Core --> Yamaha CS80

Post by erminardi »

Yes, guys, a yamaha CS-80 for Scope and ASB!
Why not? ;)

:roll:

ps. thanks for the new toys :D
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Lima

Post by Lima »

Once again, I vote for it!!!
:-D
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I vote for it too.

and I always voted for all the others too:

ARP2600, ELKA Synthex, Oberheim OBX plug-ins

and all the other great stuff that is available.

But only if they use this "analog circuit modelling" technique to capture its sound as closest as possible. (hq oscs models, rich textured filters, antialised ringmodulator and sync sounds, and so on) and exact replication of knob and fader possitions from the real hardware + the factory presets.
And with the power of XITE they can model the stuff even closer and build more dsps heavy circuit atoms...

I am waiting for thats stuff !!
I love all those HQ cw synths they released till now.

I will simply buy any vintage analog circuit modelling synth cw will built in the future, as they are simply the greatest sounding emulations available.

I just love the idea to have them all in one box at highest quality.
Like a collector. :)

edit: forget this one: the waldorf wave with carefully modelled filter part!!! :D yes!

I feel the original cw vibe is coming back. :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

There are several synths that can do the CS-80 and Oberheims already.

The ARP2600 must incorporate Bowens separate Oscillator glides to sound authentic.

The Problem is that a CS80 has performance features that will be damn near inpossible to mimic. The aftertouch capbilities and ribbon controller alone make this a challenge.

The sound of the CS80 that was really unique was the Super Band Pass Filter design.

The brass presets of the CS80 were a big seller as a few of them used that awesome filter. One comes to mind was Porcaro's sound in Africa by Toto. He used the aftertouch, the ribbon, the Brass and Marimbas very effectively.

Soniccore or someone needs to capture the performance features of those synths, that would be impressive.

The Oberheims only need JB's unique Poly Glide stuff there as well.

C.Werner made a really close emulation of an OBX in the Modular Patches thread.

I would still enjoy seeing these re done with cool graphics, but I doubt I would buy them since they are mostly re producable here already.

If one was to have a SpaceF or Bowen synth, they could use the excellent filters and Oscillators to capture many of the old beasts.

But yes it would be cool to look at the front panels of a CS80 on a DAW, very powerful look indeed. Just don't ever pick one up alone.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

the new solaris hw synth seems to have oberheim filters in it, which are unavailable for scope platform atm. :)

but once the hadrware XITE is running fine, I am pretty sure SC will concentrate on new software developements also and push the whole software stuff a little further.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Notch and 6 pole would be sweet indeed.

I am so happy w/ Solaris 5.0.6 that I am concentrating on Rotor mixes and Sample Oscillators, so I can blend new textures w/ it's great analog sound.

I can get really close CS-80 emu's by combining multiple filters and using the BP's from 3rd party guys and mixing w/ SpaceF Oscillators and filters. They are quite complete little synths in themselves.