QWERTY Shortcuts 4 VDAT

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

QWERTY Shortcuts 4 VDAT

Post by dawman »

I keep reaching over and hitting my space bar to stop. :roll:

I know, it doesn't work that way, but I seem to hit it every fuckin' time I turn towrads my rack. :x

Since I have some strange bad habit, I just thought I'd share my thoughts on the topic.

Sure would be sweet. :wink:
chriskorff

Post by chriskorff »

PLUS FUCKING ONE!!!

Right on mate, and annoyingly there's no way to assign a MIDI CC number to the transport controls!

Am I being a numpty here? I must confess I can't remember if I've tried assigning CC numbers to the transport controls in VRC-S or VRC-128... I've got a feeling I tried and it wasn't possible... but surely there must be some way of at least Start/Stopping without clicking on the button?!

Cheers!

Chris
dawman

Post by dawman »

Nope, I tried everything.

But the day wasn't all bad.

Some guy named " SpaceF ", whoever he is, made a neat toy that eased the pain, and bad habits I have seemed to not be able to shake off !! :roll:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24537
dawman

Post by dawman »

Just found the tool VRC-S for VDAT.

Son of a Bitch was under Tools the whole time.

It's transports are MIDI controllable and can be accessed from one my 88's.

This is great news.

I can use the transports and several other nifty tricks for recording and keeping the flow going all from my keyboard and not even bother w/ the QWERTY.

The audio quality from VDAT and Cubase's MIDI GUI are both excellent tools for me now. :D
grappa

Post by grappa »

Jimmy,

Is thew VRC-S stable for you?

I can run the VRC-128 no probs (used for ASIO2 sync with Cubase) but lack off CC's is p*ssing me off as I'm constantly having to mouse the transport.

If I run the VRC-S I often get full scale white noise as I hit play and constantly lose sync with the VDAT after I open a saved project. If I remove and then add again it syncs with VDAT straight away.

Shame cause other than this (and a few other minor bugs I can live with) VDAT rocks.

Simon
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

It might just be possible to fix this VDAT issue. Food for thought!!
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

grappa wrote:Jimmy,

Is thew VRC-S stable for you?

I can run the VRC-128 no probs (used for ASIO2 sync with Cubase) but lack off CC's is p*ssing me off as I'm constantly having to mouse the transport.

Simon
Anyone with sdk can add MIDI functionality to any CW device, even if protected, according to a nice tip from Wolf.

http://wolf-audio.com/wad/scope-dp/Entr ... n_out.html
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yeah.

For those of us who want to stay in the Scope box for that sheeny magical VDAT sound, that is great news.

Even in my crappy headphones I notice VDAT's unique sound.

Having assignable MIDI CC's attached to a controller, especially a keyboard type like the KS88 would be appreciated very much.

BTW, Thanks for your VCR-S, Clock 2 Click, VDAT Project Alfonso. It was an awesome way to record multi-track style. :wink:
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Yeah.

BTW, Thanks for your VCR-S, Clock 2 Click, VDAT Project Alfonso. It was an awesome way to record multi-track style. :wink:
You're welcome :).

I want also remind all the VDAT users that another great feature of the Clock 2 Click device is to output a ramp that can be used to sample accurate sync Flexor sequenced modulars to your VDAT recording. This means that you can have some really cool stuff running in realtime perfectly tied to your VDAT...in a way that MIDI clock users can only dream of.. This means also that if you're not satisfied with a simple metronome function to record along, you can make some cool rhythm sequence and groove as you need!
grappa

Post by grappa »

I'd certainly part with some cash to anyone able to pull off a midi wrapper for VRC-128/VDAT

Jah Servant's mono and stereo wrappers work a treat and I've been burning the midnight oil building Control Freak profiles for Dynatube, Warp verbs etc.

Very liberating

Haven't seen the clock 2 click device Alfonso - I'll check it out :)

Simon