Soniccore ASB STM2448S ( 12U )

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Soniccore ASB STM2448S ( 12U )

Post by dawman »

Could Soniccore possibly ever make a hardware ASB mixer packed w/ Blackfins or something?

No PCI Overflows, no Frickin' M$, no overbloated anything, just meat and potatoes.

Imagine running 6 of warp69's awesome reverbs, w/o a hiccup?

If JB's Solaris can have 16 voices, surely this hardware ASB mixer would rock.

SpaceF, Celmo, DAS, Wolf, and whatever 3rd party and SDK developements you wanted could be used.

I would pay anything for a hardware Scope based mixer.

Give me a 12U FAT BASTARD w/ updatable CC's and LCD's. 6 AUX's.... :o

Dayamn.

Excuse me if I get a trifle excited.......................................................1971 Alfred Hitchcock.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Almost forgot,

Motorized faders. :wink:

I wore out the faders on my DMP7 probably due to the vertical position. But it came w/ a rackmount kit. Go figure.

What are the new " Faders du Jour " these days?
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

DREAM OR REALITY ???

MAYBE ONE DAY ???

SOON ??? NOT SO SURE ...

BUT INDEED A GOOD (ONE OF THE BEST ?) IDEA ...

cheers
olive
dawman

Post by dawman »

Put in a good word when you visit the boys again. :wink:

I bet you would use one live wouldn't you.
dawman

Post by dawman »

A super expensive Roland alternative.

Hardly able to have the quality effects we have from 3rd party guys.

Probably some kick but reverbs, and modulation FX.

But the Lords of Delay are from Europe, not Roland USA. :lol:

http://www.rssamerica.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=335
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

you could try to use an analog pult combined with an a16 routing individual scope channels out into the analog pult.

you can use scope fx on the aux busses also....

and mix it back to a scope input.

I`m pretty sure that the warm sound of an analog desk mixer will enchance and complement the sound of scope also....

I had something like this in mind already. But not having an A16 yet I cannot check this option out.
spacef

Post by spacef »

it's sometimes awful how sometimes i am in line with other people projects.... :-)
it's not all to have motorized faders, the good quality with less friction is expensive and not available in all sizes. For somrthing really nice, you may have to have them custom made. Nowadays, color tactile lcds are the rule. it's evolving rapidly. but the cost is very high (so is the competition).
in fact you could make something less glamour but with much more functionality for less than half the price (x scopes and a16 and plugs and tailored midi controlers...3 screens...3 or 4 BCF and more various controllers together in a big case... to form a virtual console, for example).
dawman

Post by dawman »

I would be satisfied w/ an old meat and potatoes approach.

These little LCD's are cute, but of no real use in the world of performing.

A hardware mixer w/o motorised faders would be all that is needed.

The LCD could be the interface to the unit like Roland once did w/ my old 770's.

Once programmed the scenes would be recalled by MIDI PC messages. These could be songs, scenes ( a chain of events ), snapshots, etc.

The main reason is to have the ability to use the effects from 3rd party or of stock nature, but to use these well proven hunters in a DSP based mixer. If a bad ass Blackfin 533 could be used, or even the older Sharcs, it would be an awesome piece of kit.

I think an FB5 / MB4 combination in hardware w/ 3rd party FX via the Scope software would be the ultimate mixer. Afterall that combo is the ultimate live mixer for me right now. If John Bowen can go from soft to hard, surely this idea could, and should be realised. Our PCI cards will only last as long as the PCI slots do. Hardware will live on in infamy. But I have dreams of a standard 12U rackmount. Besides, everybody makes desktop hardware kits. Even though this is a rackmount, they have rackmount stands for use in small studios. This could be mounted to a little rack w/ wheels for the sake of mobility. My ancient DMP7 was designed w/ multi use in mind. It was a perfect desktop mixer, but had a rackmount kit option. I must say, in '85 I had many engineers watching my faders move while I played, like it was some big deal. Even then I could use my volume slider off of my KX88 ( CC7 ) to move a fader 10 feet away in real time. It was uneeded, but definately turned heads. Plus I had 2 stereo effects built in ( SPX90's ) and the 3rd AUX was the old PCM70. It was ahead of it's time, and sounded damn good.

I have chosen this platform wisely, and only wish to see it continue in prosperity. Besides, I don't see Soniccore making profit margins off of software to be honest. Hardware in the form of new cards, or new products as in Klangs, ASB's,etc.

I like the sound of the Prodyssey, and B4000 going into my Samson PL24 then to the powered cabinets. The B4000 into the spring and out into the rotary is more realistic than the software was, I am not sure why. But the analog outs seem to be quite hot, and I like that.

Since Solaris was a dream put to hardware, surely this is the same thought.

I remember back in '98, I guess I was talking to Ali in B.C., but we spoke of how CW was making a keyboard back then, but this was never released. I thought that Noah was going to be a keyboard also, but this never happened. So obviously there were thinking about hardware at the very beginning.

Maybe they knew then the transformation would be a sound idea after the PCI cards sales tapered off.

Scope Is Here To Stay, In One Form Or Another.

Honestly, I am surprised how well these cards perform. Never a single crash on stage in 3 years. I guess my DAW builder knows his shit, and used a well proven software / hardware combo. :D
garyb

Post by garyb »

Jimmy, the kids are trying to avoid stuff like that! they're scared of a routing window! that has actual WIRES! :lol:
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

hell Jimmy, normal people have a room with a tv, a living room, a kitchen and so on....

you seem to have endless amounts of studio gear stored in all your rooms .... :lol:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Dude I have a living room, garage, spare bedroom full of junk. Some good, some not so good.

I just got real lucky and got rid of Wilma's worthless cousin who is a snitch, bitch, lazy bum. His room was full within minutes of his departure. :lol:

I now have the whole house, most of her relatives have moved to the sunshine state thankfully.

I plan on having parties here next summer like an MTV Producer. It was just 2 years ago this was a half way house for interstate dancers. I was in heaven.
WJ use to to always say keep your eyes on the girls while I'm gone. Sure,....that's like asking Colonel Sanders to watch your chickens for the weekend !!

Then it became a squat house for mooch relatives. After 6 months in Las Vegas, and not finding a job, you are just a lazy bum, or a looser.

This was a great relief.

This is now a Scope House, with certain select VSTi's and the burial place of my Oberheims, and Otari's. :wink:
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

I plan on having parties here next summer like an MTV Producer
kooool tell me date and hour !!!

;-)

cheers
olive
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

HEY JIMMY?
DO YOU MEAN SOMETHING LIKE THIS ...
Attachments
DAMIX 001
DAMIX 001
DAMIX.jpg (285.54 KiB) Viewed 3882 times
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

hmmm, nice to see others with dmp7's as well :) mine isnt used at all though, i just have it laying around... maybe i should find some use for it :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Piddi !! What a pity ! :lol:

Sorry, no pun intended.

If your faders still work, consider yourself lucky.

Did you ever use the external effects AUX? A PCM70 is pretty cheap these days and makes that mixer shine.

It is a great mixer for a live gig IMO. If you ever want to sell it, let me know as they are pretty rare.

A perfect keyboard rig 4 sure.

Brotha Man Olive,

When can I expect a DAS ASB Mixer? :D

Could you imagine a big console that could use all of their synths and effects as well as 3rd party plugs?

A giant band in a box !!