more wurlitzers, fender rhodes, drawbar organs

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

it seems like scope platform is ALL about synths! so far i have only found 1 piano instrument! i would LOVE more of that stuff!
especially good old wurlitzers and rhodes!
and what´s up with xtc mode? i got it working now, nut it´s really hard to find anything free ( other than synths of course, ) please drop me a line with a link to some good free xtc goodies!
any free xtc compressors?
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Yeah, something like AAS Lounge lizard 3 could be a final complement to Creamware's B-2003.
I use a lot the wurly emulations (I think actually that Lizard 3 is the best on market) and I'm wonder how better could sounds a Creamware emulation!!! :eek:
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

CWA were supposed to working on an electric piano before all the money problems, so i suppose it never got finished. i hope if they look into redeveloping it that they don't just do the Rhodes sound as i'm another Wurli fan, plus how about some other sounds like Yamaha CP-30 and RMI?
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Ken Suguro's Seventythree is very hard to beat for the Rhodes sound :smile:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=15&4

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: paulrmartin on 2006-01-20 05:08 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

hmm... so there's some interest in a wurlitzer emu eh?
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

I love the wurli sound and use it much with my CS1x that has some presets in this direction. But it isn´t a real one of course.

Ken, if you have time and interests in doing a wurli emu. Thank you in advance.
Maybe, somebody can pack your emulations into a scope device package then. They diserved it.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

BUMP!! :D
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I think my brother sharc's 'Ken patch' based EP deserves a mention & link here since ChrisWerner mentions porting Ken's modular patches. http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 59&start=0

It's wild ranges & resulting ability to go right into clipping territory mean that you need to tweek it to your desired sound, but there are VERY nice sounds to be had & easily with it. Also, with the recently added preset capability that shouldn't be an issue for you guys if you're willing to spend at least a little time with it. :P

cheers,
Mark
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

ChrisWerner wrote:Maybe, somebody can pack your emulations into a scope device package
Chris, it's also worth pointing out here that modular patches can not just be 'packed' into an sdk device. It's not only virtually impossible, but also a stupid use of the sdk because even if it was possible to just add a new 'remote' panel to an existing modular patch, a whole modular shell would also need to be inside which would be a very costly method in terms of dsp usage. As it stands & contrary to some misinformed opinions, the Creamware-built modular modules that we all have available for Scope modular are not direct ports or wraps of the basic sdk modules or atoms, they are infact different in most cases & essentially mostly customized, so given that from mod2 onwards they're protected from sdk users, the only way to port a Mod patch to a Scope device is to build it from scratch with sdk modules & atoms, which is a relatively time consuming process & a whole other ball game than just wrapping a patch!!!

cheers,
Mark
dawman

Post by dawman »

Colossus is a powerful sounding EP which has characteristics of an RMI w/ tines,....very hybrid.

Kens 73 is a really nice emulation of a Rhodes.

Celmos Bluewave is the FM EPno once tweaked to use 16 voice polyphony.

So yes a Wurlitzer 200A would round of the DSP choices very well. :D

One thing I have noticed from years of playing the real thing, and years of playing the real thing sampled, then streamed from a HDD........is that the DSP models that have the velocity option, are unnoticably smooth when playing dynamically.

Sample libraries while sounding good are frustrating when switching between the sample layers. The highest to the lowest is where a dynamic player will select his velocites for a more noticable effect. That's where samplers fall short, as the sound seems apparrently velocity switched.

Scope's DSP based instruments that have velocity are just so much smoother. It comes down in terms of tone, timbre, and volume simultaneously, which I find more accurate than these 16 layers of unusable and wasteful samples.

Could a developer possibly use a Scope made EPno where STS can be combined for the ultimate realism?

Ahh,...just an idea.

I would love a Wurlitzer that's for sure. MCCY's FluLiq does many perfect vibratos to use, and even the B2003 can accept a signal to use their scanner vibrato that is seriously cool.

Here's the vibrato from FluLiq on a Wurly sample, and yes it's a great sample but notice the instrument sounds like another EPno when the lowest velocities are used.

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24613

Colossus's vibrato is fine and needs no help, but it sounds radical throught the B2003.

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25039

I would love a Wurlitzer 200A in DSP from either of the 2 talented chaps above. :D

BTW, I have a couple of Saturn presets which do an excellent Vox / Farfisa w/ LFO style vibrato very well.