Routing Xite Effects to external mixing board

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dubcotics

Routing Xite Effects to external mixing board

Post by dubcotics »

Hi,

I'm trying to route any Xite effects to an old analogue mixing desk. I've managed to route my semi modular analogue synthesizer's reverb to one of the Aux of the mixing desk so far . I'm sure it possible with Xite, I have the Ferrofish A 16. What I did as an example is to route Xite Effect > ADAT output > Aux of the mixing desk but it results in nothing, please correct me if I'm doing anything wrong here,

Regards,

Didier
garyb

Re: Routing Xite Effects to external mixing board

Post by garyb »

what is sent to the effect? where does the signal come from?

usually, an aux is a SEND. of course there are aux RETURNS, but those are usually used when there are no channels left to return the fx to. routing a Scope effect to hardware is exactly like routing a Scope effect to the Scope mixer...
dawman

Post by dawman »

Does the mixer use ADAT?
If not I’m assuming you’re using analog.

ASIO Source into Scope FX. Scope FX output into ASIO Destination.
Ferrofish Analog Outs to hardware mixers Return FX or Aux ins or channels in, etc.
dubcotics

Post by dubcotics »

Hello,

A picture is worth more than a thousand word. With that routing I can only assign the signal path to the returns of the analogue desk not to the AUX therefore cannot apply effect to the desired track/channel , the signal affects all channels unless I turn down the return knob.
Routing Effects to external mixing board
Routing Effects to external mixing board
ScopeCapture.PNG (131.5 KiB) Viewed 7865 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

where are you mixing? on the Scope mixer or the Analog board?
i don't get what channel you are trying to add fx to, or where it is. i think you are just flailing and not taking the time to follow the signal. what is connect to the ADAT i/o? if you are using an AD/DA, you can route the signal ANYWHERE. why are you trying to return to an AUX? returns go to a return channel or an channel on the mixer that you are mixing on. an AUX comes from any individual channel that you wish to apply fx, using the AUX knob on that channel. there is ZERO reason to go to an AUX. you should have signal coming FROM an AUX, either on the Scope mixer or on the hardware mixer, depending on what you are doing.
valis

Post by valis »

What you have there is useful as a send/return loop for a single stereo pair. Combining multiple effects might be what you want, but you're correct that anything sent through that signal path would be returned to the board 'as is' because...that's how the signal path is setup.

What is it you're trying to do? Add it to the STM mixer as well? Have more complex routing from the board? use both with a single reverb chain at once? Or...? This is unclear from the discussion so far, and I can see Gary is asking the same thing.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Hey Nineteen.....no, we can't dance together :D
dante

Post by dante »

2 years late - but...

1) Add an audio channel into the XITE project (ADAT A Source) where the signal comes from 'send' on the analog mixer. Can you see audio coming in on the VU meter of that channel ?

2) Add an audio channel into the XITE project (ADAT A Dest) where the signal goes back to the 'return' on the analog mixer. Can you see audio on the VU meter of this channel ?

If the answer to 1) above is no, then the issue is send from the mixer. If the answer to 1) above is YES but no to 2) above the issue is with the routing within the scope project. If the answer to both 1) and 3) above is YES then the issue is on the return of the analog mixer.
valis

Post by valis »

Keep in mind that someone is responding to these threads and removing their response (and their user account, in some cases). We've been under attack again, but I haven't bothered to announce that as the new server is holding up fine (much better than last December) and so hopefully the worst we fare is this nonsense where old threads are resurrected and then responses deleted in an attempt to make people look idiotic. Or whatever they're doing, as the 'legitimate' question was removed but the real-estate spammer was left behind (and I just removed him too).
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

ah I see, thanks for the info.