Finally worked out the Pultec trick !

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronnie

Re: Finally worked out the Pultec trick !

Post by ronnie »

Okay! Looks good with audio. I'm just wondering with Addictive Drums, Scarbee Bass, Kontakt, Diva, etc., but it looks like it doesn't add a lot at all, which is good if it really sounds good. What's the OS CPU usage say? Certainly not like Nebula's CoolTec EQP-1! I guess I'm just a bit native gunshy! I mostly use SCOPE for this stuff anyway. My i7-4700MQ CPU is OC'd always at full afterburner for audio which is 3.4 Ghz (from 2.4), no Speed-Step or anything else in the way. Always purrs, stays pretty cool too. :)
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Yeah, that's a decent processor...

Probably not much slower than my 4770k at 4.6Ghz. I use Scope for their great synths and audio inputs. The effects can run on the see pee you :lol:

I think she's still playing from about 2 hours ago, let me check (I turned the volume down)... Yep still running. In the task manager the CPU load varies between 5-10%. It's not that bad :)

-Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I think I have Addictive Drums. I believe it came with Sonar. They sound great!

-Tom
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Ah, okay. Must be the faster CPU!
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I keep my CPU kool. After 2+ days of hardcore stress test, it did not hit above 83 degrees Celsius :)

It's called Corsair H110 :)

I was stress testing an Intel Atom and it hit 86 degrees! That's hawt...

-Tom