PlanetZ@scopeusers.com

Scope Users Community
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Private website for people interested in using the SDK
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:17 am 

Hi guys,

I set up a website at http://www.scopesdk.com because there are not many resources out there on how to use the SDK and the manual is outdated/not very useful.

Anyone is free to register for now, until there's too much information on there.

First tutorial is up.

Will also be posting on how to assign CCs values in the SDK to work around the Scope 5.1 bug in preset changing. Will probably upload the preassigned devices on there too. I need to do some research on what CCs to use. I have the Plugiator manual with a list of assignments for the Minimax. I will have to look at it again to see if it makes sense.

Cheers,

-Tom

Post subject: Re: Private website for people interested in using the SDK
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:34 am 

tlaskows wrote:
Anyone is free to register for now, until there's too much information on there.
First tutorial is up.

O.k., I registered and wait for confirmation now.

tlaskows wrote:
Will also be posting on how to assign CCs values in the SDK to work around the Scope 5.1 bug in preset changing. Will probably upload the preassigned devices on there too. I need to do some research on what CCs to use. I have the Plugiator manual with a list of assignments for the Minimax. I will have to look at it again to see if it makes sense.

I don´t have the SDK up to now, but maybe I´m interested just only to get the MIDI assignments and total recall done.

Using pre-assignments from Plugiator and/or Noah doesn´t make much sense IMO.
Today we have better controller options than in the past, we partially use much more advanced controller keyboards like the Kurzweil range, Physis K4/5 or additional desktop controller units which can do most imaginable in regards of MIDI today.

The SCOPE synths themselves are different too and you can standardize very few parameters only while user´s demands significantly vary.
P. ex. personally I´d never use a mod wheel for filter cutoff,- for me it´s striklty vibrato on a synth.
MIDI CC #04 footcontroller is filter cutoff for me, but not w/ every synth/ device and every patch, because in other patches I use it for sweeping frequency of sync oscillator, sweeping frequency of ring modulation or as a wah pedal (resonant BPF) too.

Only 2 examples and I´ll find much more.

On B-2003, I originally assigned a s##tload of MIDI CCs to all the parameters I´d use in realtime when playing a real organ console and used CC numbers in the #80s and #90s which weren´t in use on the controller keyboard itself and for it´s internal engine/sounds.

So, the very best was, is and will be free user assignment which was the intention anyway but is buggy unfortunately.

I guess it can be fixed.

For Sonic Core, what´s worth more ? - Giving away SDK 5 and give up device-protection, so users might be able to fix devices on demand,- or strictly protect devices while having no time and manpower fixing bugs ?

Well,- JUCE 4 is out now, maybe useful for SCOPE 6 ...

Bud

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:58 am 

Well, I can do the assignments. But if I don't have any input, I don't know what's the best assignments.

I actually do like the MOD wheel for filter. Ribbon for weird pitch changes. And pretty much always vibrato for aftertouch. I realize that people have preferences. I don't have any fancy controllers. I am pretty sure that you can always remap the controllers on your controller. I know that on my M3 it lets you select whatever you want for the sliders.

-Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:00 am 

I don’t think it matters so much how they are mapped since the user can remap them anyway.
Those who still want their own assignments should get SDK or pay someone to do it for them.
In the future I might create some VST clones that communicates with Scope via CCs (or maybe via RPN/NRPN??). Maybe I’ll share them too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:31 am 

Mikael-R wrote:
Those who still want their own assignments should get SDK or pay someone to do it for them.

Wait,- you say, customers who already invested in new SC hardware like XITE-1D / XITE-1 and several optional SC devices shall now pay for getting rid of bugs existing since decades ?
Means,- buying another piece of software, the SDK 5,- and/or pay 3rd party people ?
Yes ?

Well, when potential customers read your post, they for sure will buy XITE-1, SCOPE and more optional devices in a minute.

:-?

Bud

P.S.:
How buggy is the SDK itself ?
What about giving away SDK 5 (it´s the old one anyway) to XITE users and give up device protection ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:34 am 

tlaskows wrote:
I set up a website at http://www.scopesdk.com because there are not many resources out there on how to use the SDK and the manual is outdated/not very useful.

I registered a while ago but never got an email. So I just clicked on the corresponding link to get a new password, but again no email. I used the same user name as here.

There's also the SDK Wiki by the way. See this thread for more info:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33350

Maybe it makes sense to point your domain to that wiki instead of making another site?

Quote:
Will also be posting on how to assign CCs values in the SDK to work around the Scope 5.1 bug in preset changing. Will probably upload the preassigned devices on there too.

In my opinion it's better to upload the devices here in the Devices section. That way they are easier to find (and download) for most people. Also, they are available as long as the forum is alive. There are a lot of links to external sites in the Device section that are now dead while the files that were uploaded here are still available.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:37 am 

No, device protection will probably not be given up.

Turning off devices protection would basically allow anyone to save the module unprotected and give it away for free...

Yes, Scope keeps acting up on me lately. Don't tell me I have to reinstall the drivers again grrrrr!

I had a project that I only loaded a few times, and the ASIO modules are not responding in that one.

Back to trying to get Scope Midi out to trigger my scope, it's not displaying anything...

-Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:39 am 

I have access to the Wiki. There is not much useful there right now...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:40 am 

tlaskows wrote:
I am pretty sure that you can always remap the controllers on your controller. I know that on my M3 it lets you select whatever you want for the sliders

Yes, you can, but when the instrument has it´s own sound engine, it will have controllers mapped to the factory patches, so changing MIDI CC numbers for the haptics affects internal sounds.

At least, this is for me and Kurzweil PC3 in "program mode" or when programs are in use in "quick access mode".
Only "setups" will allow endless individual MIDI programming and as long as you don´t use any factory patch in a setup´s zone.

There are always hardware limitations here and there ...

anyway,-

Bud

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:47 am 

Hmm,

WordPress send me email just fine to my junk hotmail account, but hotmail thinks it's spam...

----

[Scope SDK] Your username and password info
WordPress (wordpress@scopesdk.com) Add to contacts 11:43 AM
To: hakerman@hotmail.com
wordpress@scopesdk.com
From: WordPress (wordpress@scopesdk.com) Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk.
Sent: November-11-15 11:43:46 AM
To: hakerman@hotmail.com
Microsoft SmartScreen marked this message as junk and we'll delete it after ten days.
Wait, it's safe!|I'm not sure. Let me check
Username: test

To set your password, visit the following address:

<http://www.scopesdk.com/wp-login.php?action=rp&key=36Ouw4MudQ3fBxPxG0oT&login=test>

http://www.scopesdk.com/wp-login.php?re ... 3Dregister

----

Please check your spam folder.

-Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:50 am 

Actually,

It sends me a new email to my Gmail every time someone registers. And Gmail marked those as spam too, so yeah.

-Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:03 am 

Nothing in my spam folder.

@Bud: Did you get the confirmation email?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:08 am 

let me login and try to find how to resend the email. I'm sure the server is fine.

-Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:25 am 

Quote:
Wait,- you say, customers who already invested in new SC hardware like XITE-1D / XITE-1 and several optional SC devices shall now pay for getting rid of bugs existing since decades ?
If someone like Tom hardwire all controls to CC values then there is no need to pay. But if you want your own special assignments because you can’t remap the values then the fastest and simplest way should be to either get SDK or pay some bucks to a forum member that has SDK who can do it for you.
Quote:
Well, when potential customers read your post, they for sure will buy XITE-1, SCOPE and more optional devices in a minute.
If money is a strong objection then maybe they shouldn't buy Xite-1.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:27 am 

Xite-1 is the best tool out there right now. It's all in one box. Well, I am happy with my PCI cards. No need for that extra power. And will have 4 hardware MIDI ports soon, awe yeah!

-Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:28 am 

Oh yeah,

I will do the assignments, but I need everyone to agree on the CC numbers for each parameter.

I will not do per request assignment. I will do Minimax first, since that's probably the most popular one.

-Tom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:22 pm 

sunmachine wrote:

No, unfortunately not.

Bud

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:57 pm 

Bud Weiser wrote:
sunmachine wrote:

No, unfortunately not.

Bud

I resent the emails earlier ill chech the logs when i get home

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:15 pm 

Which SDK are you using? - I have SDK 6 here atm, never dived into it though.

I've tinkered with complete cc mappings of several of the big SCOPE synths, so I could easily check if what I have already done actaully works as expected.

Could you do a small "how to hardcode assign CC's" perhaps?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:56 pm 

Yes I can. I have the 5.1 cause I heard 6 is very buggy.

I am fixing my mail server issue right now, but will do a quick how to later.

Cheers,

-Tom