Scroll Wheel

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Scroll Wheel

Post by yayajohn »

I've asked this before but has anyone found a way to get the mouse scroll wheel to 1 unit at a time in the Scope environment? The lowest I get is 3 even though I have 1 set in Windows.
Is there a registry hack or something?
Is everyone else getting 3?
garyb

Re: Scroll Wheel

Post by garyb »

mouse settings in the control panel(wheel tab)?
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yeah i've had that set to 1 but I still get 3 in Scope. Are you getting 1 at a time in Scope?
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, i think it's 3...
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

ok, i guess that's what it is set to then. I looked at the Scope cset file and didn't see anything in there. Scrolling in Notepad is 1 line at a time so it is set right.
spacef

Post by spacef »

I beleive it is "hard scripted" and you (or I) can't change it.
Anyways, the resolution will depend on the *range* of the control you are scrolling, because in any case, the scroll wheel will allow around 40/41 steps for a control. So, if your control goes from 0 to 40, it will increment by 1 (approx). If the potis goes from, say, to 120, it will divide 121/3 = 40.33 steps = 40 , so 120/40 = increments of 3.
If your poti foes from, say, 0 to 24, then it will give you steps of approximately 0.6 .
That's how it works now. 10 years ago already, it was not going to be changed for various reasons. It is meant as a fast tuner to help, then users must fine tune manually.
yayajohn wrote:ok, i guess that's what it is set to then. I looked at the Scope cset file and didn't see anything in there. Scrolling in Notepad is 1 line at a time so it is set right.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Maybe a work-around is a mouse->keyboard program, and map the scroll wheel to the up arrow and down arrow keys. (Or is it left / right) ...those modify the value by 1.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

@ jksuperstar - it's the left and right arrow keys. I have the two aux buttons on my m570 track ball set to this and it works great for most scenarios and devices. I was actually just searching back to the reason why I brought up this topic in the first place as it seems I don't run into situations where it is relevant. The only thing I could come up with was when I was using Mattomat and I wanted to adjust the transpose and variation functions in real time with the mouse wheel, it would only do 3 at a time.
I'm pretty sure there was something else though.....oh well too many brain cells destroyed in my youth. It would be nice to be able to adjust this in the future but it's not a necessity obviously.
Thanks for the info Mehdi
David

Post by David »

Bomes midi translator pro can translate midi cc to mouse movements. Good for fine tuning

Also a python script doing the same thing here

D:
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

SHIFT