Get The Most From DSP FX

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Get The Most From DSP FX

Post by dawman »

Been running dry FX on the new rig using my QSC-K12s and Solaris is nice as it has a great sounding Delay, but the Phaser lacks the editablity I prefer and the level of stages is 4 maybe instead of the depth of a 12 Stage Moog or other hardware.
So to get the quality and control I wanted I needed a few work arounds as the sound from near fields and IEMs/headphones is quite different from powered keyboard monitors.
The Multi Mode Delay from Peter is exceptional in editing and sound quality, jhulks Phasers are the very best atm, and the SC Room 5.1 in stereo needs a MIDI Host to run as an external effect, but using SpaceFs Stem Mixer 167V and his MB7 with routing choices is insanely great for getting the DSP FX to have real depth.
So much depth and bleedover I can run the FX at very minimal levels in true stereo and it's a wonderful sound.
If anyone really wants to see how great the SC Room 5.1 Reverb is check out the settings in AUX 3, and the reverb and you'll hear what I mean.
The Early Reflection inversion for that psuedo reverse sound is impressive and needs a minute amount as opposed to running full tilt when using STM mixers.
Give it a try if you are unhappy with the reverb sounds ou're currently getting.
These mixers were designed for stereo effects and the bleedover + routing options when you hit the help bar on the MB7 are most appreciated.
Attachments
Phaser in the BC32 shell needs a mix to mono module post MB7 pre BC Shell (under the MultiMode delay) and it is the 1st AUX, then Delay then Bleedover, and further bleedover tricks are just the icing on the cake.
Phaser in the BC32 shell needs a mix to mono module post MB7 pre BC Shell (under the MultiMode delay) and it is the 1st AUX, then Delay then Bleedover, and further bleedover tricks are just the icing on the cake.
Untitled2.jpg (209.86 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (191.41 KiB) Viewed 2098 times