WDM to ASIO routing without Wave sources

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

tonatona

WDM to ASIO routing without Wave sources

Post by tonatona »

Hi,

for the case you have troubles with the Wave sources you can use this tool to route up to 8 channels WDM audio directly into scope's ASIO modules.

http://midithru.net/Home/AsioLink

When scope's ASIO finally will be multiclient capable you can completely stop using the Wave source modules for better overview in your routing window. You can route WDM audio to ASIO input or ASIO output.

This new tool still doesn't work with 32bit float ASIO. I'm sure the developer would take a look into it if there is interest in the scope cumminity.

You can also route WDM sources directly into your DAW.
djmicron

Re: WDM to ASIO routing without Wave sources

Post by djmicron »

you can use rearoute for multiclient asio
tonatona

Post by tonatona »

Do you mean selecting Scope ASIO as audo device in Reaper and route via Rearoute to another applications?
dawman

Post by dawman »

I can use Reapers ReaRoute for multiple apps in standalone with ridiculously low latency for live performance. Bidule, Scope and Reaper are a great combination as I can stay in Scope mode. I don't mind what others consider "killing" the work flow.
My workflow is realtime modulation and performance, so of course it's not nearly as popular as other users needs.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

tonatona wrote:Do you mean selecting Scope ASIO as audo device in Reaper and route via Rearoute to another applications?
yes
tonatona

Post by tonatona »

@ dawman

i'm curious how do you manage / organize project saves and presets from so many programs and if there are latency and synchronization issues between scope and bidule. Do you have to use 32bit float for better results with bidule?
I recently bought bidule. I'm still dragging cables in scope like in bidule and vice versa and wondering why the don't obey :lol: .
tonatona

Post by tonatona »

@ dawman

Thank you for your answer (it is deleted but i know it was there), i'll learn bidule.

The above mentioned app works with 32bit float ASIO now.