Short ATA Racks

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Short ATA Racks

Post by dawman »

I just thought I'd mention some great little tools when both sides of a rack are in tight quarters.
The 360 degree 10" danglers for hooking up to a 1U SurgeX, JuiceGoose or Furman are crucial.
And coming from the rack mounted instruments or effects the 90 degree re-directors are sweet.
The inside dimensions are 20" from rail to rail, and both sides, as well as the 13U Slant top are packed and pretty.
Mid Atlantic makes a custom 10U LCD Chassis for any LCD you want. I like the brand new Dell 17"{ for 60 bucks from ebay.

I'll show the rig as soon as my Supermicro 1U is returned.
It's the 4th time I rebuilt this as motherboards and SSD combinations seem to be problematic, the winning combination was a pair of Vertex 4s and the good old no frill MSI-Z77A-GD65. After 4 x BIOS updates it is the most stable Ivy Bridge out there that I have bought.
I went through the Asus, Intel, Gigabyte and once again have found that MSI really fixes problmes quickly.
OCZ has had 3 x updates to the Vertex 4's so while I usually don't jump on new products I really wanted this, and figured it would take a while to get everything right, but newegg takes anything back within 30 days, and they are a most honorable distributor.

Initial tests show that the Kontakt template of 11.6GB's that use to take 15 minutes to load, now loads in 3 minutes flat with all large heavy articulated instruments....

Ankyu.......
lifesavers.JPG
dante

Re: Short ATA Racks

Post by dante »

Awesome look fwd to report on 1U.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Thanks for posting this.

I have tons of 90deg and 10" IDE adaptors floating in the back of my rack as well.

Also looking forward to the 1U status update (as I am considering building one myself).

G
dawman

Post by dawman »

The wait is for the 2 x Caddies from Supermicro.
OCZ provides the adapters for 3.5" conversions to 2.5" but they do not work in the 3.5 drive bays from Supermicro, or Chassis Plans ATXs for that matter.
But I should have expected that as they were "free".

I learned but forgot that lesson from downloading synths from KVR that were "free".
At first listen I vomitted on my 1U QWERTY Drawer which was a major PITA as I had to let the remains and chunks dry, the scratch them loose, then use 99% Alchohol for cleaning and a can of Air. So the "free" stuff costed me 20 dollars for cleaning...

This is the only forum for excellent sounding free synths.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

:lol: