Remove Vocals from many studio Big Artists Recordings

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ARCADIOS

Remove Vocals from many studio Big Artists Recordings

Post by ARCADIOS »

I do it this way.
1. I have STM4896(can be done also with STM2448) wave source is on a stereo channel of the mixer. Also I use a Dynamic mixer with 8 mono channels.
then I open BUS 1/2 of the Wave channel and connect STM bus1 output to Dynamic mixer 1,3,5,7 channels and STMbus2 out to 2,4,6,8 channel inputs of Dynamic mixer.

2. Now the cinfiguration of the DYnamic mixer is as follows.
DYNAMIC MIXER MONO CHANNELS
CH1 PAN LEFT - INVERT PHASE NONE(NO BLUE BUTTON LID...it means as default OFF)
CH2 PAN LEFT - INVERT PHASE LEFT ON (LEFT BUTTON BLUE)
CH3 PAN RIGHT - INVERT PHASE LEFT ON (LEFT BUTTON BLUE)
CH4 PAN RIGHT - INVERT PHASE NONE(NO BLUE BUTTON LID...it means as default OFF)
CH5 PAN RIGHT - INVERT PHASE NONE(NO BLUE BUTTON LID...it means as default OFF)
CH6 PAN RIGHT - INVERT PHASE RIGHT ON (RIGHT BUTTON BLUE)
CH7 PAN RIGHT - INVERT PHASE LEFT ON (LEFT BUTTON BLUE)
CH8 PAN LEFT - INVERT PHASE NONE(NO BLUE BUTTON LID...it means as default OFF)

the STEREO IMAGE WILL BE KIND OF BLURY BUT YOU USE THE 1st 1,2,3,4 CHANNELS AS one channel(all sliders simultaneusly) and the 2nd 5,6,7,8 channels as one again(simultaneusly). PUT them in fader groups for more easy. 1,2,3,4 fader group1 and 5,6,7,8 fader group2.

AA ...Don not forget to turn the STM4896 wave channel MIX off in order not to listen to both the Dynamic mixer and the original WAVE source.
SEND the dynamic mixer out to wherever you like.. (I send it(dynamic mix out) to an STM stereo channel).

I tell you that it is amazing how many of your favorite artists recordings that are recorded with specific standards can be heard without VOCALS..or other instruments.
Many of sinatra beatles, elvis, and many many other......... NOT ALL of them.. some recordings do not match the trick because of different vocal STEREO mix at the studio made.

I HOPE I WAS NOT CONFUSING
ps. I do not do it for karaoke...EVEN IF IT THE BEST WAY IN SOOME CASES... but I do it to hear the orchestration and the instruments that are really AMASINGLY seperated and cannot be heard in the normal stereo way.

and can be done also with any stereo source ASIO or whatever goes to your STM mixer...not only the wave source.
dante

Re: Remove Vocals from many studio Big Artists Recordings

Post by dante »

I normally just download a pre-made Karaoke track for two bucks... probably quicker. But not all tracks are available like that of course, so your method would come in handy. Packaged in a Modular device would be good.