Using SCOPE with CopperLAN

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Re: Using SCOPE with CopperLAN

Post by Bud Weiser »

HUROLURA wrote: I do ont mean the AL88 is not providing smart new features. And price is in the same range as the more advanced Motu Midi express XT. Adding a standalone mode to the AL88 unit would be cool ... And being able to store its configuration directly inside a Scope project would be really something more ... :D
Well, I´m w/ XITE-1 and PC Win XP Pro 32.
When I go 64Bit,- ALL my MIDI interfaces will become worthless except eventually MIDEX-8,- there´s a 3rd party 64Bit MIDI driver for Win 7.
But I wanna get rid of all USB MIDI interfaces anyway :D
Driver certification seems to become an issue w/ Microsoft, that´s why Earthvegaconnections discontinued their already existing 64Bit DirectMusic MIDI driver for 8PortSE.

And Scope isn´t OSX ready.
So,- AL 88 is for me.

I´d probably work again w/ Mac and Logic,- stopped working w/ these since version 6.43 and on Mac G4 and Powerbook G4 /OSX 10.4.11.
But who knows when Scope will be OSX and how good it will be.
With Windows, it works.

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Copperhead wrote:
The AL-88 works in standalone; its current setup can be stored, and comes back when powering up.
A computer is only needed to change those settings.
So you can configure one (or more) as a remapping/merging/matrix unit in a computer-less setup.
Good news ! Thx !!!

OT.:

Is there any recommendation for a pro quality 19" rackmount ethernet switch box which is possibly available in germany ?

Bud
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Standalone mode is good news but not easy to see from the spec :)
This make this unit the right alternative then: so AL88 is the Copperlan AMT8 !!!

I will keep this in mind for the time I would be forced to migrate my Xite setup to 64bit.
Tau

Post by Tau »

I had to try this, and it's working perfectly... I'm using a standard gigabit CISCO desktop switch, connected to 2 macs and 2 pcs (just for experimenting), and all MIDI ports are present and talking to each other, this is quite amazing...

You can send MIDI directly from a keyboard connected to one computer directly to the out port of a MIDI interface on another computer, no need for any other software to re-route the controls :)
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

That's what I expected form the explanation I had from the Copperlan team during last Musikmesse.
I see this system more like a solution to build up some kind of Meta Midi Controller by merging all the control you have to control a Scope system but I thought Scope 6 would be necessary to use it ...

I do have quite a bunch of knobs, switches and fader I could use to get control other Scope devices ...
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

i installed Copperlan manager on my Ipad and can control all of my connections remotely now, it's pretty cool. There is also an app called the Copperlan Mini Controller which appears to be just a group of fader controls. i was able to access some parameters when I loaded it on the computer but wasn't able to on the ipad. Maybe there is some future plans for this app?
I'm loving Copperlan more and more.

Dan