HOW TO SOLVE OSCILLATING DIGITAL DISTORTION IN SCOPE 4.0/4.5

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

quantum

HOW TO SOLVE OSCILLATING DIGITAL DISTORTION IN SCOPE 4.0/4.5

Post by quantum »

I'm using WinXP and Scope 4.5. Sometimes for no reason when I'm playing games or making music this shitty digital distortion comes out of nowhere and turns my sound into a continuous distorting oscillating wave. What I mean is the volume of all sound playing through the card starts to oscillate in a sine wave motion while being digitally distorted. This bugged me for about a year until I found a fix.

THE FIX:

SIMPLY CHANGE THE LATENCY AND IT SHOULD GO BACK TO NORMAL, AT LEAST IN MY CASE... :lol:
Last edited by quantum on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
garyb

Re: HOW TO SOLVE OSCILLATING DIGITAL DISTORTION IN SCOPE 4.0

Post by garyb »

oscillation is the result of lots of gain or a feedback loop(if it's affected by latency, i'd say feedback). it's not just part of the system normally, though.
quantum

Post by quantum »

garyb wrote:oscillation is the result of lots of gain or a feedback loop(if it's affected by latency, i'd say feedback). it's not just part of the system normally, though.
Thanks for the reply. There are no loops or too much gain in my system, at least nothing I made, but could be a Scope or hardware glitch. What I meant was all sound is distorted and the volume of it oscillates. It's more like a stutter or skipping type of distortion, sounds like static. Not sure if you or anyone else experienced this.
garyb

Post by garyb »

that is something else then. it sounds like you have some issues in the way the the system is setup. that doesn't sound normal. of course if you connect something to the card's inputs at a very high level, you can expect distortion.