B2003 Hammond Model ReVisited

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

B2003 Hammond Model ReVisited

Post by dawman »

Got my G.O.S.T. Harmonic Bundle working in x64 and it's a real treat.

The B2003 has a great sound and is a Jazzy/R & B Model more than a Hard Rock Hammond.
But using 2 x B2003's and the G.O.S.T. Harmonic Bundle I can achieve some great old tones.
The trick is the external input on the B2003 needs a distortion effect pre Leslie Pre Amp, not after. And actually in the old days a Marshall Head was set up Pre Leslie PreAmp and the crunch was fierce.
This gets pretty close.

http://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/scope-b2 ... ndle#share
Untitled.jpg
astroman

Re: B2003 Hammond Model ReVisited

Post by astroman »

gasp... where the f*@%& is the loudness dial on the page ??? :o
gotcha upper right :D
just blew my head off - yeah... I was right awaiting Glover's bass set in... pumpin', you nailed it virtually analogish :D
Emerson would have loved it, too...
jokes aside, it's a serious tone you achieved.
The classic Leslie, but with more chilli - great patch

cheers, Tom
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

Thats a serious sound there bro.

Love it .... very purple.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ankyu Mates,
But this is all the Harmonic Bundle and the excellent B2003 Model.
I have noticed over the years of using this digital crap that perfect phase alignment and all of the math is fascinating but at the end of the day the best tones I get are actually imperfections of the devices and the way I use them.
For example remember the the cool guy Jah Servant....?
His 2 devices are excellent for destroying the correct phase alignment so many cherish.... :lol:
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... &hilit=m2s
What makes the B2003 sound so thick live is the way I route the Dynomic into an M2S and use the same trick that hardware guys use called parallel compression, only I add the Dynomic to enhance certain frequencies of the rotary/doppler effect that seem to disappear during the added Distortion from the Saw Wave Cutter. So I am amplifying, or multiplying the same signals to achieve the Fattness I crave. Mathematically this is a nightmare if perfect phase and all of that other scientific stuff is desirable. I like phase distortion and think without it digital stuff sounds lifeless and sterile. At least in this case.
At the end of the day though the Harmonic Bundle is a great plug in pacakge as there's nothing else like it unless you have some serious Modular chops.
It's the most controllable distortion, and best frequency sweeper I have.
I play in a shitty little bar on the weekends occassionally and I can hear my cabinets bouncing off of the walls since maybe 100 people is the maximum, but for some reason this Organ just growls so nicely.
I compete with a '76 precision with the tubed SVT Pro circa '85 w/ 8 x 10's, and a 100 watt Marshall Anniversary stack, and I have nothing to fear.