CEST.INI Hack Dictionary ...

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

LuCiFaeR

CEST.INI Hack Dictionary ...

Post by LuCiFaeR »

CEST.INI Deeps ...

Does anyone has CEST.INI directions, Guide, or whatever explains it's parameters & values ???

plese ...
David

Re: CEST.INI Hack Dictionary ...

Post by David »

Had a look over you website - way to go - good stuff. It sure is hot where you are at the moment.

if you mean cset.ini - then a search of this site should bring you the results you want.
But all adjustments can be found in one place in the Support.pdf manual - just click the "?" on the main menu bar and follow the sub directories until you see support.pdf. Once this is loaded up - look for the section on Optimisation Tips (win only)

There ain't much to do in cset.ini - other than alter the board load order. Everything else in there is better accessed via the settings page in Scope imo

Hope this helps but what is it you are trying to do?
LuCiFaeR

Post by LuCiFaeR »

Pygmy Audio Farms wrote:Had a look over you website - way to go - good stuff. It sure is hot where you are at the moment.

if you mean cset.ini - then a search of this site should bring you the results you want.
But all adjustments can be found in one place in the Support.pdf manual - just click the "?" on the main menu bar and follow the sub directories until you see support.pdf. Once this is loaded up - look for the section on Optimisation Tips (win only)

There ain't much to do in cset.ini - other than alter the board load order. Everything else in there is better accessed via the settings page in Scope imo

Hope this helps but what is it you are trying to do?

Thanks ,
I am doing alot of DAW-PC's setups , configs and optinizations for CW Scope Family for ten yerrs now. ,
Most of CEST.INI Items I know but very few I dont ,
So there is The reason for trying to know ALL :-? ,,,

Thanks again,
at0m

Post by at0m »

Since we're in Tips and Tricks section, why don't you post what you found out over those 10 years of setting up Scope machines. I will happily complement anything I know, once I get home from this holiday trip :)
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
LuCiFaeR

Post by LuCiFaeR »

Here are some :
==============

(1)
If a project contains a Sonic Timeworks reverb, it will produce no sound when first loaded into the project. To fix this, first try resetting the DSPs (as above), or add the following entry

[HW]
fadeInOut=0

[HW]
fadeInOut=0

(2)
Using the minimal ULLI setting of 3ms@44.1kHz may result in the ”blue screen of death”
or the system freezing up when you try to start Windows.

If this happens, start Windows (in ”safe mode” if necessary - start in safe mode by pressing F8 while starting Windows).

Edit the file to change the value from 64 to 128, 256, 512, or 1024. Save the edited file and restart Windows.

[hw]
intBlkSize=64

(3)
XTC mode does not remember your ULLI settings unless you do the following:

[XTC-config]:

intBlkSize=x

whereby x is a values out of 64, 128, 256, 512 or 1024 and translates as follows to the card's latency:

64: latency = 3 ms
128: latency = 4 ms
256: latency = 7 ms
512: latency = 13 ms
1024: latency = 25 ms

A wrong latency will still be displayed in the ULLI Settings of the ASIO Control Panel, but you can ignore this.

It is a good idea to refresh the plugin info display after changing ULLI settings.

(4)
If the installation path contains a blank (space) the background project will not load.
Please avoid using spaces in the installation path specification.

-If the installation path is too long (for example,
C:\programs\MusicPrograms\CreamWare\DSPApplications\Sfp\) the application may likewise fail to start.

- Using the minimal ULLI setting of 3ms@44.1kHz may result in the ”blue screen of death”
or the system freezing up when you try to start Windows.
If this happens, start Windows (in ”safe mode” if necessary - start in safe mode by pressing F8
while starting Windows).
Open the CSET.INI file (..\Sfp\App\Bin) and locate the following entry:

[hw]
intBlkSize=64

Edit the file to change the value from 64 to 128, 256, 512, or 1024. Save the edited file and restart Windows.
:roll:
at0m

Post by at0m »

Cooles, here's some more:

* Under [ReferenceResolver] you find where Scope will search, ie. preset files, and weither Scope should ask for confirmation to load the files from that location automatically. If set to AutoUse=1, then no pop-up will appear asking which to load. This may be convenient if you have similar files (or, like in my case, older versions) in different folders:
Presets_Paths=d:/scope5/presets/;d:/sfp/presets/;D:\Scope5\Presets\Modulars
Presets_AutoUse=0

* Under [StaticPath] you can set where Scope will get the contents for its dropdown/rightclick-to-insert menu's. This can be convenient if you have dual boot set up, with each boot its own Scope installation but using the same file sourcing directories. Saves me a couple gigs of space, and makes sure I can access the same modulars etc from the same menu tree. I've put Devices, Modules, Presets and the lot in these folders, while Scope runs from the C-drive:

[StaticPath]
Modules=D:\Scope5\Modules
Modular=D:\Scope5/Modules/
Projects=R:\
Effects=D:\Scope5/Devices/FX/
Presets=D:\Scope5/Presets/
HardwareIOs=C:\Scope5/App/Application/IOs/Hardware/
SoftwareIOs=C:\Scope5/App/Application/IOs/Software/
Bitmaps=D:\Scope5/MRC Skins/
Devices=D:\Scope5/Devices/
Samples=S:\

* The entries under Path are for internal Scope use: here Scope remembers from where you last loaded samples, where you saved your last patch etc. So while you could in theory edit this, I don't consider it opportune.

* The [Favorites] list, you can edit from within Scope, or set from cset.ini, for example:
[Favorites]
C:/Scope5/Devices/=C:/.../Devices
D:/Scope5/Devices/=D:/Scope5/Devices
D:/SFP/Devices/=D:/SFP/Devices

* Here's a classic, that will be of use for most of you: If Scope doesn't get your board order right, for example it tries loading STM2448 and ASIO on your Luna instead of on your Scope card, you can change boardid's here:
[board0]
boardid=1
[board1]
boardid=0

:)
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio