Stereo Modular Insert

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Stereo Modular Insert

Post by dawman »

I had to recalibrate all of my patches recently and I have always had to use Filters to get rid of frequencies I don't like on Band Pass Sweeps. It works but I found a much better way to do it while retaining the high resonance sound I crave.
The Filters were not very surgical so I thought I would get some advice from a fellow Scoper, and then apply that trick inside of a Prowave preset so I wouldn't have to keep a Compressor and EQ in the routing winsow 24/7.
Now I have the exact resonance I want while doing BPF sweeps, and have eliminated the low mid crap that was making my sweeps unsmooth and uncool.
I first run the preset through a nice EQ that can do various notches,parametric, shelf and cuts. Then reverse the curve so the threshold level of a compressor can latch onto the desired frequencies only.
I do this by placing the EQ in an insert with a stereo comp.
The EQ has the exact opposite of a curve I used to cut with. This way the sidechained EQ can get latched onto by the threshold of the compressor. Much better results this way, and it only pops in for certain presets instead of wasting DSP sitting in the project window.
Ankyu....
Nice Compressor from Shroomz too. Never needed one in Modular until now, but it works really well and as usual is a fine looking Lass too.
dante

Re: Stereo Modular Insert

Post by dante »

The watermark on that EQ looks similar to the one on the EQ I recently discovered re my post here :

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29318

Its a superb EQ and I'm kicking myself for not finding it years ago......
dawman

Re: Stereo Modular Insert

Post by dawman »

The Parametric 8 is a good EQ too. I like the SpEQtrum because it has notch, shelf and cut w/ 12/24db options and zoom db levels for surgery.
Wolf makes great stuff. I am sad the XITE-1 has troubles with some of it but what does work works well.
The sidechaining EQ is a really cool idea. I tried it Low cut and high cut filters but the resonation I like gets lost. Using a more surgical approach gets rid of the unwanted freqs and lets use sweep with a BPF the same way a high res LPF would.
I cant believe how good some of the free shit we have here really is.
Real freaky mods with the RM /TM options too.