BC Keys w/ A Laptop

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

BC Keys w/ A Laptop

Post by dawman »

For guys with laptops this might be cool.
The Modular patch in the lower left serves many purposes. It sends pre programmed LFO rates to control the swept rates of my Cutoff Filter of my Analog Synth ( external ), and also can handle an entire tree of MIDI Outs.
The gem in this patch is the BC Key from Sharc though.
Using Wolf's MIDI Transformer 2's I can convert the note on/off's into MIDI Program Change Messages for all of my targeted devices. They already have their own built in FIlter too. In this way only the MIDI from the Keyboard can be viewed in the MIDI monitor so deciphering is unnecessary.
I always use the first 12 presets of my synths and devices, so just the lowest Octave of the BC Key will act as the trigger for the MIDI PC Messages. The upper 2 Octaves will audition the selected preset.
But the Keyboard is nice and big and much easier to use than opening and closing of preset lists, etc.
Just by using the MIDI Channel changer slider I can bounce around from synth to synth.

Stick BC Key into a Modular Shell and just ask yourself what is possible. There's no MIDI coming into the Shell below but if you were to need that just don't connect BC Keys MIDI In.
untitledMNM.JPG