Master FX

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Master FX

Post by dawman »

I have always loved recordings where a Flange or Phaser has been used during mastering where the entire mix has the 100% wet effect, yet the levels are perfectly matched.
Sky Pilot by Eric Burdon and Carl Palmers drum solo did this to great affect.
I have tried to do this live and it's a royal PITA because most of the Phaser devices we have usually don't level adjustments and the 100% wet level is tough to match.
Oddly JBowen synths have the wet/dry levels on it's effect insert slots and for synths the various effects can be perfectly matched.
Through my endless searching and attempts I have found yet another great effect device that's perfect for this chore.
Neutrons DePhaser is perfect. Tweak it and match levels, and in my case instead of using a MIDI CC to activate/deactive the slots Blue LED, I attach the Bypass button and use a foot pedal.
This will take an entire mix and zap it with a Phaser effect.
On the SpaceF MB4-II mixer below I can actually keep the vocals effect-free by using one of the 4 x stereo Busses for vocals and seperating it from the other 3 Busses.

http://www.youngmusic.at/down&urlgo=pla ... dba%3dfree
untitled.JPG
David

Re: Master FX

Post by David »

Is that a functioning link Jimmy?

I seem to be having trouble downloading anything from the YoungMusic site when its referenced to a device on PlanetZ (ghostwheel.planetz.com?)
dawman

Re: Master FX

Post by dawman »

1DePhaser.zip
Sorry, but that's been a great link for a long time.
Maybe they're going to try and sell some of them.
There are mnay great effects and Hummel Synths on that site.