SpaceF & DAS SC Gate Options

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

SpaceF & DAS SC Gate Options

Post by dawman »

Sidechaining for me is important when I want to achieve the pumping/breathing of my Analog Bass with pre recorded or Live drum tracks.
I have the DAS SC Gate which is a Key Filter, Sidechaning Gate which is very sophisticated.
I was using it in the Routing window because I was unaware I could use the AUX and Sidechain internally.
This is another example of how Scope's routings can outperform hardware.
Using SpaceF mixers live is awesome because I can have several effects loaded, and using the Insert Load Presets I can have several combinations of effects w/ zero glitching.
The mixer loads these and the LED's are simply a mute / bypass option that is automated from sending MIDI Program Change Messages.
This is also great when I want to use different combinations of Sidechaining options by using SpaceF's Record Channel drop down menu.
A simple click can change the routings on the fly.
This is nice for a live performer, but a DJ using Abletons Live w/ the MPC style sequencer/samplers should really check out the SpaceF Insert Load Preset capabilities, and the on the fly Sidechaining options.

Below is an example of the AUX where the DAS SC Gate is located. Using the Rec L and Rec R then gives me the options of the drop down menu. If there are any effects inserted in these routings they are already loaded so this can all be done on the fly, glitch free........ :D
untitled.JPG
untitled A.JPG
siriusbliss

Re: SpaceF & DAS SC Gate Options

Post by siriusbliss »

lookin' great.

I'll have to try it (once I get the SpaceF mixers).

My concern is that these mixers are more geared towards live performance vs. real tracking - but I know the distinction is a fine line between the two methods.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3