Spacef BlackBox II/FX with SCOPE 5 PCI

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Spacef BlackBox II/FX with SCOPE 5 PCI

Post by spacef »

It all works very well without the need to change anything in your installation.
I have kept my scope 4.5 install for the moment, it is easier, and in fact, works fine.

If you have BlackBox II, follow those steps
- Load Biosc 4 rev 2 in the project
- Set the search options to search in the Mono and Stereo folders of you Scope 4.5 install (it is important that those folders are checked, not the root of the scope 4.5)
- Set the Serach option to also look in C:\Creamware\SFP\ etc etc until the last sub folder (regostration).
- Set the Search option to use those settings on all module types, close the search settings, and launch the automatic search pressing "Serach".
- Modules should be found and Biosc 4 will load with osc and filters without further waiting.

If you have BlackBox Fx, you can do this process using Echo or some filters.
In both cases, you can go directly to the menu "Set/Search/ and do the above settings, without the need to load a device first.
Presets: load from the old folders, but always "Save As" in the new SCOPE 5 PCI/Presets/ (for auto load of preset lists next time you use this device).

Devices with keys: they seem to work fine here (Fat, Mb4-II, FP...)
Attachments
This project reloaded without problem and so fast... faster than beforei'm sure...
This project reloaded without problem and so fast... faster than beforei'm sure...
bb2v5.jpg (220.39 KiB) Viewed 3325 times
Mr Arkadin

Re: Spacef BlackBox II/FX with SCOPE 5 PCI

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Personally i just copied everything over to 5.0 (with date set to 1997) and it seems to work fine for the most part.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Yes you are right that's what has to be done...and that I haven't done that yet (will still be switching between 4.x and 5 often in the next weeks).
In fact it is just a matter of setting the Search options to look where things are, and that's it :-)
As the 4.x and 5.x Search otpions are different, i don't think there is a need to delete the previous installation of BB2, and both installs should work independantly as long as the Search options are set correctly.
spacef

Post by spacef »

PS:i am not sure it is good to have dates before 01.01.2001. It can causes bugs in XP (it happened to me eventhough, long time ago and i don't remember)
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

OK i'll redo as 2001 :D. btw how do you point the search thingy - mine seems to be looking at the right things i think?
spacef

Post by spacef »

Menu Set/Search
Tick the deepest folder (it is useless to tick only disk "c:\" due to duplicates, + it is faster if it seraches in smaller places.
Attachments
Reference Resolver
Reference Resolver
RefRes5.jpg (62.42 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
grappa

Post by grappa »

Mehdi,

I'm glad you've got this working - do you have step by step of how to transfer my FB5 as I am an idiot :)

Simon
spacef

Post by spacef »

grappa wrote:Mehdi,

I'm glad you've got this working - do you have step by step of how to transfer my FB5 as I am an idiot :)

Simon
Well, for the keys, I had them from "Sonic Core server"
Then i copied the dsp files that i have, Medyx01 to Medyx09, from old Scope 4.x DSP folder to the new Scope 5 /dsp/ folder (just copy/paste).
I installed only this afternoon and didn't have the time to get in order, so for the moment, i load the mixers from the scope 4.5 (i've made a bookmark to my old install, in scope 5).
You could also simply copy/paste your SpaceF/BlackBox devices inside the Scope 5 folders.
I think that's it.. ah yes, presets had to be copied too...
Last edited by spacef on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

ANKYU.............................. :D...............Easy Money................. :wink:
untitled.JPG
spacef

Post by spacef »

yes that's more like it :-)
katano

Post by katano »

works fine here :D
dawman

Post by dawman »