M/S Decoding Plugs

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

M/S Decoding Plugs

Post by dawman »

MS plugs like Brainrox, DAS DynaPara, and JahServant are really useful on sampled content.
But I heard a rackmounted Rotary cabinet made by Motion Sound called the R147 at this kids project studio last night that made my head spin.
I never even knew these existed as they were discontinued years ago.
It's a horn just like mine but rack mounted !! This kid was using PTools w/ some Softube plugs and an M/S decoder that you could only hear coming from the monitors, and it was stunning.
I immediately went home and stuck my Pro 3t into it's ATA case and took the direct mic outs into the A16U into a Scope project.
There I used the DAS DynaPara for the M/S trick, added the Legend and some hardware verb and even routed the ARP String Ensemble w/ a multi stage phaser plug.
I will be using the Dremel again for cutting holes in the ATA case for cables and use the mic's instead of having to crank the volume onstage which is difficult mixing sometimes.
The mics are actually XY'd and summed, so there's no real seperation, but the M/S decoder plugs do wonders to the signals regardless.
Learning Scope still after 3 years......impressive routing abilites, second to none.

EDIT: The Master IT EQ shall be tried today. It's MS capabilties are even more in depth, but I need to experiment with it's GUI and sound.
http://www.digitalaudiosoft.com/videos/masterit.flv
at0m

Re: M/S Decoding Plugs

Post by at0m »

more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
dawman

Post by dawman »

I'd love to try it out but my browser doesn't seem able to dig it out from the post.
Have you got a copy still?
His ADT plug was my vocalists favorite effect so I know his signal processing skills already.
Hook a Brotha' Up.... :wink:
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

its here.
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.