B2003 Drawbar Ganging

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

B2003 Drawbar Ganging

Post by dawman »

Using SpaceF's CC5 & CC8 one make playing the B2003 a breeze.
My KS88 have these nice faders to use as drawbars, but whoever designed this feature obviously never played one. These faders on the KS88 are nice, but better suited for mixing, etc. Which CC5 & CC8 can also be applied to gang faders or busses on a mixer.

Below is the jpeg which could help a little.
By attaching the ModWheel to the white fader on the CC8, I can then use that to move 5 of the 8 blue faders in the CC8. Each blue fader is assigned to a drawbar on the B2003. Below are the curve modifiers which can be set to adjust each individual amount of movement.
The little curve windows display a graphical view, and these can be used w/ the Lag knob to the left also. 1.0 msec. is very fast and snappy, where as the curve modifiers can be adjusted even better.

At the end of the day I usually keep the first 3 drawbars as shown, the othe drawbar footages can be ganged so that the ModWheel moves all faders simultaneousy at their preset curve levels and lag times.

I don't use the B2003 except for classic rock stuff but having an expression pedal attached to the swell knob of the B2003, CC8 for thr upper manual drawbars and a footswitch for the Rotary effect is purty close. :wink:
Neutron

Re: B2003 Drawbar Ganging

Post by Neutron »

wow nice graphics did you use microsoft paint :D

thats a good idea though, except you have to move all the bars together and want to only move 1
you could merge the output of that device with the input and still have the separate knobs assigned on the midi in, and then you could do either.
dawman

Re: B2003 Drawbar Ganging

Post by dawman »

Paint is the only one I know...pretty sad. :D

Also, the B2003 can handle multiple MIDI channels, and can run 2 x CC8's in serial, one for lower manual, and the other for upper manual. I doubt I will ever get that deep.
But it's cool to see such an old device still outdoing all of the others.
Somtimes I am not allowed a stage monitor, which is my Rotary Cabinet actually, so I put it inside of it's ATA case and run the built in mic's back into the A16.
Another example of how once these tools are used live, going back to hardware is slowly becoming a distant dream.

Sorry forgot the RW jpeg.
Presets cover the drawbar selections.