SHORTCUTS..........

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

SHORTCUTS..........

Post by dawman »

Why didn't anyone ever tell me about this shortcut? :lol:
That's what I get for not reading tha manual a little closer.

I knew it worked on certain mixers, but I prefer the faders so never delved more deeply.
But I have been tweaking for endless hours afterwork and just realized this works on those tiny Solaris knobs also.............Great.

On Solaris even the most minute tweak of a Modulation Source or Destination can change the timbre when multiple sources are simultaneously used.
Last edited by dawman on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Arkadin

Re: Double Clicking Of The Left Mouse Button.

Post by Mr Arkadin »

:lol: No-one told you because everyone knows it already and assumes everyone else knows. It's great for getting Minimax's tune knobs smack on zero after slightly detuning.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

and the bit about double clicking on a device in the routing window to show/hide the panel
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

There are people, who waste their time, and then there are people, who read manuals. :lol:
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yepp, I am a Pendejo, no arguement there.
I went back and really read the manuals during my breaks last night and also found out about right clicking on the polyphony tab for a dropdown menu instead of dragging the number up or down.
I compare these recent findings all part of a rebirth and while I am embarrassed about my post, I care not.
It is similar to becoming profficient on a Piano. For years you might be learning fingering mistakes, or playing wrong passages, and the whole time you feel like you suck as other performers seem to play so effortlessly.
Then one day you sadly go over to your instrument to continue practicing and suffering, and you suddenly realise that you are playing very well for once. It snowballs from that point on.
I see similar strides with Scope and this software crap in general.
One day I will be very profficeint at these apps, and will enjoy reading through older posts and laugh at how stupid I was. :lol:
spacef

Post by spacef »

You also have

shift+mousewheel = doubles the resolution of mouse movements on potis

Mousewheel doesn't have a hi-res anyway (here, it takes 6 wheel-up to go from 0 to max, and 12 with shift).
I haven't tried with the normal manipulation, i still use the "big circle" very often (the further you are from the parameter (pot or fader) the higher is the resolution of increments.

just for the info, in case...
at0m

Post by at0m »

Another argument to seek collaboration some time with fellow pulsarians - you'd be surprised what else comes to light! Limited as the Scope OS may seem, there's always new combinations and tricks that one hasn't found out yet and the other takes for granted...
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
katano

Post by katano »

also, left double click the sfp icon on the desktop to start up scope :D
radar23

Post by radar23 »

Use the arrow keys, page up and down, return, home and end... They all move values at different increments and or reset the value to the last value or reset it to default..

only learnt these last night...

Middle wheel does stuff also.

Go the Scope!! I totally love this platform... Please Sonic-Core.. Advertise this power within .
Tau

Post by Tau »

radar23 wrote:Use the arrow keys, page up and down, return, home and end... They all move values at different increments and or reset the value to the last value or reset it to default..
Cool! Since we're at it, the numbers on the keyboard numpad will set the value of the parameter: 0=min to 9=max

T
wayne

Post by wayne »

Brother Jim, you could rename this thread "Shortcuts" or something, because there's not really a thread like that here.

Scope's deep, it continues to teach us all over the years.

What can i add - F9 routing, F10 FileBrowser.
F2 to rename a chosen preset. Drag a box around several devices in routing window to drag & drop same.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

stardust wrote:Yep this 'big cursur distance to the knob' thing is also my best experience for precise settings.
drag mouse away from active fader knob also increases ability to fine-tune.

using arrow keys to fine-adjust module positions in order align 'jacks' between modules - to make things more 'pretty'.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
t_tangent

Re: SHORTCUTS..........

Post by t_tangent »

Another shortcut that hasn't been mentioned...

After connecting a cable between two modules, press 'N' on keyboard to create other cable connections one by one, or press 'Shift+N' to create all the cable connections at once.