DAS A550 EQ

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

DAS A550 EQ

Post by dawman »

I have been using the DAS DynaPara on my Grand Piano libraries and Romplers for a while now and just couldn't get the 2.5k and 5k freq.'s to really sustain the way that a real acoustic instrument needs. So I broke out every EQ I could get my hands on, and even tried the SL9000 and X-Channel but still wasn't quite there.
I tried the A550 S on other GSIF and ASIO stuff and due to the lack of a Q parameter, shelved it. But I tried it again tonight and found it is perfect for Grand Pianos.

Most sampled content already comes EQ'd and mastered to some degree, and only in a mix might need a cut around 4K.
But this EQ is a serious scalpel.
Anyone having trouble w/ acoustic Pianos should give it a try, it is extremely transparent and adds zero coloring.

I always thought having so many EQ's was a waste, but in this case a previously shelved EQ has become the Tool du Jour.
dawman

Re: DAS A550 EQ

Post by dawman »

Thanks Bro but I inherited some Vintage 5 Dollar coins made in late 1800's from the Carson City mint, so I won't be buying Gold but rather selling it........ :lol:
I will also donate some of the profits to John Cooper if it will help eliminate your Piss Poor jokes................sorry...no pun intended.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

:-?
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
pollux

Post by pollux »

Jimmy was replying to an (erased) spam post about WOW gold for sale :lol:
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

pollux wrote:Jimmy was replying to an (erased) spam post about WOW gold for sale :lol:
ah yes, I already wondered what he was referring to... :)
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
dawman

Post by dawman »

In case the IRS is snooping around................sorry I was lying.

Other than that...it's a great EQ.