Modular Chains Sharing Presets

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Modular Chains Sharing Presets

Post by dawman »

Staying Up All Night Again,

I have decided to use Modular and Flexor III 1/2 live w/ XITE-1 since the power will be a non issue this time 'round.

I have chained 4 Modular patches together in serial w/ zero onboard effects into an 8 channel Dynamixer that goes directly out into 2 serialized effects prior to the Destination module. The sounds are way cool.

One simply has to match up the presets to switch simultaneously on the seperate patches w/ a single Program Change Message. Sometimes only 2 instances might be needed.....cool, have zero poly out volumes for the unused patches. Otherwise mix and match till your heart's content. I have mixed 2 16 voice FM patches that are the electric piano style sounds, with Flexor III's SeaSynth, and ChebyPad. The Assaf patches have less polyphony but sound way cool as the voice stealing algorhythm's start making the envelopes re trigger, which has a cool reverse sound when doing EPianos.

I'm sure this is another one of my no biggies, but in XITE-1, this Dog Will Hunt.
dawman

Re: Modular Chains Sharing Presets

Post by dawman »

I shall try to better describe what I have decided to use.

Take your favorite 4 Modular Patches, and assign them all MIDI channel 2 for the sake of the below pic. They should go into a quality mixer w/ AUX's like SpaceF's V82, which is an awesome synth mixer BTW w/ the Valves cranked up for extra Tube warmth.

Call up the 4 different preset windows and shrink them to fit in the Routing Window simultaneously. Then start creating and storing presets in a bank you create, for example XITE-1 Modular.

One can use all four at once, or in pairs, or three, or just one.

Since XITE-1 will have extreme polyphony amounts, you could have 4 for pads w/ 8 voices, and another group of 4 with w/ 1 voice only for your monophonic work.

It would take only 2 MIDI Channels for both, and allow some serious combinations as you could have the volumes in each device muted and stored onto the preset, which is a combination of the 4 patches anyway.

This gives one an extreme amount of diversity on pads and leads using those lovely Flexor III modules and the stock Scope ones also. Of course I will use 3rd party Oscillators from different developers also for extra flavor.

This requires lots of DSP, but even on my 3 x card DAW I can run the pads and the leads w/ a B2003, but then things get a little tight w/ the DSP. In XITE-1, I see no problems as I have done the math w/ DSP calculations, and this is a sound approach.

It's not for all, but it's definately for me, as I have longed to use Modular / Flexor III but couldn't squeeze it in w/ the Bowen, SpaceF stuff. This won't be an issue w/ XITE-1.

Hardware Solaris, QWave, WS4-MK III, Modular / Flexor 3.5 Pads, Modular / Flexor 3.5 Leads, Studio Electronics SE-1X Analog Synth, B2003, and SpaceF's 32 Algorhythm FM Synth, and 18 Channels of ASIO 2 should do the trick live. I can't believe I will have these all loaded in one Project. It is a dream come true. :wink:
dawman

Re: Modular Chains Sharing Presets

Post by dawman »

No way Jose..............I wouldn't know where to begin.

It's an experiment for a giant Modular Pad and Lead Synth that allows 14 left over MIDI Channels for ASIO 2, as on a 3 x card set up the DSP is showing 70+ %.

If Modular could remember the polyphony of each preset like Prowave does, that would be a phenomonal fix that 3 x card users could relish.

So it should remain a tip for thr few, the proud, the live performers. :wink: