Country & Western Synth

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Country & Western Synth

Post by dawman »

I am sure that Country & Western music goes over here like a Reggae Band at a KKK Rally, but there are always sounds from the soloists that I have found very appealing.

I always loved listening to 2 Fiddlers bending and sliding their pitches in unison. It has an effect that can make soloists stand out from the other supporting instruments.

Example: Take 4 x Monophonic single voice instances of Minimax or Modular where you have a nice tubby lead preset or patch. 3 x of the instances should have their Pitch Bend set to 2 for a whole step, and 1 x instance have the PB set to a factor of 1, or a half step. Then using your pitch bend wheel at nominal bend amounts, listen to the effect and use your own ear and taste. Also have slightly different portamento values for each instance, to immatate the seperate Oscillator Glide features in the old analong beasts. Solaris 5.0 has that new feature also.

When using the Bluesy flatted 5th scale this really works well as that pitch is an important part of modern music. Flatted 5th's, also known as Tri Tones are a great place to start.

I have a preset I made from Flexor III's Oxyde patch by Alfonso that I call Big Fatty and I can load 4 of those and play this trick and it is really a FAT BASTARD.
dawman

Re: Country & Western Synth

Post by dawman »

Ah C'mon Starry,

Take your A6 and use 4 of it's 16 parts w/ mono voices, and give it a whirl. Use a choppy synth string w/ a fast attack for starters.

I'll send you a genuine Stetson,............. you'll be a Cowboy, or a Ragin' Cajun B4 ya' know it. :D Pedal the root of a second inversion triad during the bends.

O.K. I am forced to do a quick VDAT demo of it's sound since Ya'll think I'm silly. It's a really cool lead solo trick ......you'll see.
dawman

Post by dawman »

:lol: As Bruce Willis said in the movie Die Hard......................Yippe Kiyaah Motha' %&*^%r !! :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

Alright I'll embarrass myself again.

I once enjoyed making upper echelon law and legislative contacts in Nevada's capital, Carson City. Adele's is a fine restaraunt in ald old house, that has antiques galore and an ole Western style Bar. The Cigar smoke alone could kill ya'.

I played my Da Vinci Accordian while using a battery operated sequencer w/ included Tone Module to have the Tuba and drums played back through my battery operated minaiture stereo monitors, which I wore from my harness w/ the Accordian.

I walked from table to table playing whatever songs people wanted, including Simple Man by Leonard Skynard, I had an 80+ plus song list. Every table was at least a ten spot and sometimes sexy ladies would even stuff my suspenders with cash, instead of the jug I had hanging from my harness.

It was very cheesy, but was a huge success financially, and also many get out of jail free cards. I also met a fine lawyer, and for the first time in my life enjoyed screwing a lawyer as opposed to being screwed by one.

Since this is a tip thread, I shall offer another tip..................never start the show w/ an empty tip jug. When it shows many crumpled bills, preferrably 20's, people assume that that is how to do it. When they are too cheap to offer cash, say it loud enough " I take credit cards also", I ain't leavin' till I get something !!

I think playing wireless on a horse is an excellent idea though. Perhaps up at the Ponderosa Ranch in North Lake? Wow the evening Hayrides w/ XITE-1 and some synth rendition s of Classic Joe Bob tunes or Old westerns? :roll:

Bouncing ideas is always great !!
Last edited by dawman on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Every table was at least a ten spot and sometimes sexy ladies would even stuff my suspenders with cash, instead of the jug I had hanging from my harness.
:o You did that gig in drag??? :o
dawman

Post by dawman »

No, but it was a custom brown leather Lederhosen ( Knickerbockers ) that looked rather gay. They were my fathers from the early 1920's I believe.

I have been offered lots of cash to do that schtick again, but I am SO past that stage these days. I was a musical whore then, now I am a crabby FAT BASTARD. :lol:

I have some really silly old pics I shall try to scan. They are quite embarrassing but I am comfortable enough here w/ my brethren to share them. I also had the gray wool Lederhosen I wore as a child when I performed in the Badenfest, Oktoberfest and Maifests.

I actually have a pic when I was about 4 years old where all you could see was my feet, Accordian, and my head. My chops really sucked back then. :lol: