Limiter Tricks For Live Use

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Limiter Tricks For Live Use

Post by dawman »

I just love SpaceF's LimFat and use it to tame my analog synth's extreme low end so it doesn't bury my polyphonic synths, or other sounds .

But I keep playing w/ different settings to find different uses, and damn near shit my pants.

I discovered a live automated fader. I found a sweet spot that when I hit my analog synth FAT BASTARD low end, just to cover me while I switch feet or keyboards,..I was doing my sus 4 arpeggios on the E.Pno. top keyboard, and couldn't hear them as I usually do, but while the synth was dying out I continued doing my arperggios and they sounded just like someone was moving a fader for me!!

I guess this just shows you that it really is Limiting, but I never knew so many little tricks that Limiters could do.

This is way cool.

I love my Scope / GS4 DAW to death. :D
iSiStOy

Re: Limiter Tricks For Live Use

Post by iSiStOy »

Tricks you discover for us all!!! Just full plain great stuff! Keep on testin' m8!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I always keep thinking I need new stuff for new sounds, etc. Rightly so. But I discover so many things I already have when time allows it.

Just this last week I found Vectron, STS5000 using converted content and now this. :wink:
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

LimFat is really great tool :)

I have it in every insert slot of the MB4 mixer, thats 13 LimFats. Its
my new "live template" I am building. To mix all audio stuff from
FLStudio and do mixing/effects live.

I use the builtin EQ alot! cutting the lows for most things and adding
little high for Busses 3 & 4. On the master channel I fall in love with
HPLP (shroomz) and, yes, PsyQ. Because I be filtering all the lows
aggressivly PsyQ really gives the sound its own character.

dawman

Post by dawman »

The way you seperate your kicks in your music demo using LimFat's and MB4 are just another example of the tricks this can do.

The sheer number of variations from soft to hard, and the differnt FAT algo's are a blessing.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Hehe, rooting rot this topic, I'm now equipped with 2 14DSP boards and it f-g rocks!
Damn mother f-g thing.
' Don't even care about XITE while I know I can count on my current complete setup.

Simply astonishing :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Congrats there Brosky.
I have a DAW w/ a single card that I can take back and forth from the gig while the 3 card DAWg stays locked up in the racks.
I have learned to get by using one lately, but really wish I had 2 cards. 1 is cool for GSIF / ASIO stuff w/ a B2003 and tons of effects. But when I add the synths my heart sinks. :cry: