AUX Mixing w/ Valve 8 x 2

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

AUX Mixing w/ Valve 8 x 2

Post by dawman »

I like my instruments, especially the synths mixed in an AUX Buss.

This is unortodox, but then again so is this mixer.

Each channel has Valve adjustments, and enabling the channels filter, allows to use the 3 x external signals for CompSat. or 3 LFO's for modulation.

This is a synth players mixer for live.

For an all AUX mix, you insert you effect of choice. I have chosen the PCM91 hardware reverb, AUX Delay by SpaceF, and Celmos Tape Simulator.

Each AUX allows bleedover functions.

This requires different wet / dry presets for your effects, but the results are worth the time spent.

A quality stero AUX, which is filled with 3 x quality stereo effects devices just sounds mastered to my ears.

I chose PsyQ for the Master Out effect, as it's stereo width feature is great, the compressor can be used at high values to act as a Limiter, and the slightest amounts of highs adds a great shimmering quality to my buzzy stynths.

The external hardware analog synth sounds so full, and the stereo synths are modulated by the panning features of the 3 LFO's.

When using this live it's a set and forget set up.

The analog hardware synth nails down the bottom end, and the other synths just provide a beautiful stereo pad machine.

This synth is perfect for an all AUX Mix for synths.

8 mono ins, and 2 x stereo.

The movement of slight or heavy panning between the powered monitors caused by the 3 LFO device keeps the motion on your stero polyphonic pads, while the bass and lead provides the FAT anchor.