QWave 4 Scope 32bit Cards

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

QWave 4 Scope 32bit Cards

Post by dawman »

I know this synth eats up DSP's, but after thorough use the last 2 days, I have come to realise that having 4 layers, each with their own parameters is more important, than having dual Oscillators in each part.

The programming that gives the best results for me is using less Oscillators per instrument. That way you can apply unique routings to each of the four instruments.

I was previously using my behind the times subtractive synthesis thinking, and having dual Osc.'s per instrument.

It is better to have more DSP power in reserve and use just one Oscillator per instrument. But it doesn't hurt to go back and add an Oscillator after having 4 different instruments going, just to see if the results warrant their use.

I personally would have one Instrument with 2 x Oscillators from RDII Modules, or SpaceF's Satellites. This gives one a great FAT start. Then the other 3 x instruments can have the wave shaping tricks and mods to surround the 1st instruments sound with beautiful motion, and colors.

I only regret not being able to load Multi-Synth WS4-MKII and QWave in the same project. :o

But those days are drawing to an end once XITE-1 hits the streets. :D

But my above mentioned tips would help anyone with a couple of cards get to know this massive beast's potential as a giant waveshaping synth with a FAT sound.

Also if one happens to have Celmo's Tape Simulator, it will give you goose bumps hearing the swirly shit looping off into the distance.