synth polyphony

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

avi elman

synth polyphony

Post by avi elman »

hey guys,

this might be a real stupid question - i tried to search but didn't find anything...

how do i create polyphony on the synths (pulsar 2)? at the mo all are coming out in mono.

tks!
avi
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

You have to raise the polyphony in the live bar. When you save the project the polyphony is saved too.

In the modular you can also change polyphony on it's frame.

:)
avi elman

Post by avi elman »

thanks alfonso - not sure what live bar is...is it the routing window?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

What version of the software are you running?
avi elman

Post by avi elman »

im not sure, but im running an old software platform from like 6 yrs yrs ago wen i first bought the soundcard - any ideas what that would be?
avi elman

Post by avi elman »

i think its version 3.1...
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

go to www.soniccore.com and download version 4.0 it's free.
And the in the live bar, you will see a minitaure of the device(synth) that you loaded in the project window. Here in the live bar, right next to the miniature device, you can se a "1". change that to 2 or more,and you ahve 2 or more voices.
avi elman

Post by avi elman »

thanks a lot, its working now!! :)
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

I guess thats testament to the quality of the scope synths if youve been using them with only one voice for 6 years and only just now exploring the polyphonic possibilities :lol:

Welcome to Planet Z by the way - youve taken your time getting here :lol:
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
avi elman

Post by avi elman »

tks!
i actually used them when i first got the card but than started using all these vst's synths and slowly neglected the pulsar one's....now i've 'rediscovered' the pulsar synths and must say they're great for my new projects....good, crisp quality!! :)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

avi elman wrote:tks!
i actually used them when i first got the card but than started using all these vst's synths and slowly neglected the pulsar one's....now i've 'rediscovered' the pulsar synths and must say they're great for my new projects....good, crisp quality!! :)
The problem is that for several new user the "first impression" is this!
A lot of people try these synths, but they puts aside then because prefers the convenience of the VSTs!
In KVR a ton of users says that VSTi are today better than i.e. Minimax & C.... :o
Maybe because they have tried only the old free synths bundled with the Scope.
Sincerely I find that there are an abyss among the SC synths and the VSTs.

I think that the 80% of homemade-musician don't know how to recognize (rapidly) the difference between a quality sound and a crap one...

I'm happy that avi elman has changed his opinion before, even, to sell the card ;)

welcome
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.