AUX Delay

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

AUX Delay

Post by dawman »

I just love the way that certain AUX based effects work.

Hardware reverbs into an AUX is heavenly, and SpaceF's AUX Delay was just meant to be.

It sounded great to me in my cheap ass headphones, but I am demo'ing some powered Genelec 1032AM's which are ridiculously priced, but my buddy gave them to me for the week.

This is way beyond headphone mixing by light years.

The mp3 file below is a re mixed version of a previous post where I re did the mix using the bypass button on the Rhodes sound to bring the effect in and out, and the synth at the end of the file is also using AUX Delay, but it stays constant throughtout the recording.

Especially nice is the way that SpaceF's FP106B's AUX's have bleedover, and separate gain stages, and a Master Out Gain also.

The EQ section is a great way to tweak the sounds passing through too.

Scope DSP for mixing, especially w/ so many quality options is astounding.
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Hey Jimmy,

This demo definately sounds great! Are all the sounds you used made with scope synths??

In what way does the SpaceF Aux delay differ from a "normal" insert delay?? Since delay mostly does not use up too much DSP's , i prefer to use them as insert effects. This way i can put different delays on the individual sounds, and it also saves up some AUX effects for different reverbs.

cheers
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

very nice, sounds great :)

edit: I put this effect in my main project also, very nice. thanks for the tip
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Sweet sound Jimmy :thumbsup: Wrong thread but, I would love to know how you utilise SpaceF's FP mixer for live mixing. Especially the modulation routings as it seems they would make dynamic mixes an easy thing to do.
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Well you have 3 modulation inputs. Each mono channel can receive one. Each stereo channel can receive two.

Then you can choose if you want to built-in channel filters need to be modulated by the modulation signal......
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Irrelevance,

I use the 3 LFO device to automate virtual distance, and panning.

It can be MIDI controlled, but I prefer different presets where the rate and depth are stored. They can be adjusted to BPM's or just have randomness.

It is similar to the old Fender Rhodes Satellite cabinet, where panning the speakers gave the sound such motion.

http://www.planetz.com/forums/files/01_ ... 20_908.mp3

With QWave or BlueWave acting as a Crystal EPiano, I can make the speakers shimmer like a Rhodes, or slowly rotate the panning. The Filters are on every stereo / mono channel, and the amount of filtering, LFO depth / rate, fade in, fade out, polarized phase, and waveform selection make it a real treat for creativity.
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)