About saving eq and presets.. thaks.

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

gurol

About saving eq and presets.. thaks.

Post by gurol »

hi everyone...

How can ı save my EQ AND FX settings store. thanks for your interest.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Wrong forum, try the General Scope next time. Save all settings in the Preset list. It's all in the manual.
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

Sorry ...I dont think it is in the manual .
However If I'm wrong perhaps you can tell me which pages state clearly the exact procedure for saving presets step by step :lol:
In fact if there is anything that sucks about scope I would have to say that it is the manual . It's just a poorly written document that is next to useless .
You should have said search Z Mr. Arkadin ... no offense but lets keep it real here .
Lima

Post by Lima »

- click the preset button
- choose a bank or make your personal one by clicking the button in the menu
- click store in the menu
- give a name
- click "save file" to write the preset file
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

skwawks wrote:Sorry ...I dont think it is in the manual .
However If I'm wrong perhaps you can tell me which pages state clearly the exact procedure for saving presets step by step :lol:
In fact if there is anything that sucks about scope I would have to say that it is the manual . It's just a poorly written document that is next to useless .
You should have said search Z Mr. Arkadin ... no offense but lets keep it real here .
Configuration pdf Pages 21- 25 "Presets"

No offence taken. Hope you're not offended when i ask you to try reading more carefully next time before asking me to 'keep it real' (whatever that means).
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

Er.. let me be more accurate here then .. Yes I've read those pages many times wondering whether there was suddenly something wrong with my powers of comprehension . Eventually I just started looking in Z because experience had taught me that the manual is NEXT TO USELESS in a practical sense ,it was written by someone who either so completely understood the app that he or she made wild assumptions about the readers knowledge base or it was just thrown together so that there was a manual, in the understanding that people will work it out eventually anyway .
By keep it real I meant that there is only one place to go that may eventually help , usually after a lot of searching and that is Z it's NOT the manual .
I'm sorry ...what didn't I understand in your initial response ,it looks pretty straight forward to me .
Paul
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

The manual was written like a manual :) It tells you what you can do. It doesnt teach you a trick.....

what else do you think is missing in the manual ? I am curious, and, for the archives :D
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

The best manuals in my opinion are the roland style manuals with step by step instructions concerning the most likely things a person is liable to want to do . I assume that as someone becomes more familiar with an app they will start to explore it and use the more abstruse functions but the basics like wiring up and voices and saving eq even creating instruments in the sts series are not clearly defined ....as far as choices are concerned there isn't really a clear explanation of which software i/o are appropriate . These are just some of the things that would be good . The manual tells you what can be done it just falls down on PRECISELY how it's done . . Using your resources is not a trick it's essential . I'm not whining , I love the app I just dont think the manual compares favourably with Z as a resource , and so in the case of scope I would NEVER tell anyone to RTFM I'd tell them to go to Z in the first instance of needing help .
Paul :)
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

subconsiously you know you want to be taught a trick, its why you posted in the tips & tricks forum right ? 8)

j/k of course! :lol:

maybe the scope5 manual will be an improvement!!! lets wait and see.