Flexor III Live

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Flexor III Live

Post by dawman »

I love the sound of Prowave, and Flexor III patches.

Here's a great way to use these combinations for a super polyphonic and monophonic synth sound in a live venue.

I was trying to use this at my last gigs but it was incomplete and had to be manually muted and loaded in between the 3 song medley's, which was a pain, but the sound quality justified it's use.

I have created preset lists for ProOne, Oxyde, Cheby Pad, and Prowave. They are combinations of muted presets where all of the synths could be used simultaneously, or combinations of mutes ( where the volumes could be zeroed out, and saved ).

Certain presets sound fine alone, and certain presets beg to be layered.

Prowave and Flexor III Cheby Pad are both summed together into Andre's dual stereo to single stereo output module, and both share the same MIDI channel. In this way a single program change can be sent on a MIDI channel thus changing both synths presets. The same goes for Alfonso's Flexor III Oxyde mono patch, where the ProOne, and hardware analog SE-1X are all summed again into the dual stereo to single stero output module, again sharing a single MIDI channel and single program change message.

This is very easy to handle live, and the sound is to die for.

FAT BASTARDS galore is the projects name, as the Monophonic synths, and Polyphonic synths are the best sounding combinations I have ever used. The Oberheim XPander cannot even compete with these sounds. I am very impressed.

I plan on using these combinations until Solaris is released, and will probably use the Cheby Pad w/ Solaris, as it's sound is incredibly sweet.

The other module from Andre was the stereo to mono module that allows me to treat the B2003 w/ FAT-S, DAS DynaPara, and Celmo's Multi-Tap Reverb / Echo, before it is routed from BUS 1, to the conversion module, to the A16U, to the mono in of my Pro 3t Rotary cabinet.

My rig sounds awesome, and it is shrinking as I have time to downsize and continue learning this great platform.

I have removed so much hardware from my rig. It's amazing that Scope has helped me to replace my B3, Oberheim Matrix 12 / XPander, and more recently the Lexicon PCM81, and custom DoD hardware Spring Reverb.

This also allows me 13 MIDI channels for my newest VSTi sampler instruments, and FM8 which sounds great BTW. FM1-7 were weak in nature.

Symphonic, Fusion, Cool School Jazz, Blues, Rock.......I am ready. Too bad nobody wants me. :cry:

Klangbox B4, and Prodyssey are racked up in the back and can accessed immediately in case of a crash. The show must go on. Besides, the Prod, B4, and the SE-1X are enough to pull a gig off anyway all by themselves.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Who Cares ???

SpaceF's Multi-Synth is here, this is now a secondary performance project.

I will need another month off just to learn this fierce predator. :D

http://www.spacef-devices.com/dacore/in ... &Itemid=43

Buy This,....................Now that's real TIP !!
radar23

Post by radar23 »

Great looking live rig you have there. Very impressive! Do you have any live recording of you in action to share?

Cheers

Radar23
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yeah but it's on tape.

I will be playing w/ VDAT this weekend for some demo sounds of FAT BASTARDS.

Music Thread Sunday evening. :wink: