How to sidechain with cubase SX 3

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Actually, there is a simpler way to side chain in SX and Nuendo 3 ; simply use two Vincos and/or sidechain enabled Scope's devices in xtc mode. I use it without troubles and without the need of an extra tool and bus setting etc...
I recently found out this and I was shocked !!! 8-)
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi Bifop

Even better then !!!

Thanks I'll try that

Cheers

Michel
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

One lets say, on the kick, and one on the bass. You need one to send the key to the other.
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

OK, another one for Christmas time...

Take the Y S wire on this thread. Make it a vst plugin and drop the Ystereo.mdl in xtc devices/stereo/other. It will be used as an audio router.
Use this as the key sender to a vinco/gate/ducker plugin. No need for to Vinco wich is not always what you may want (compressing the source key).
Supa easy sidechaining (tm) inside Nuendo with XTC plugins

Hehe mon ami, c'est pas beautiful ça !!!

:D
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi Bifop

just for what I designed these devices for...

and if you need, you can rename them (as bassywire) and have more than one in a project (not easy to manage when there is more then one sidechain)

cheer

Michel
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

And I work on an open device being a 4 monitoring mixer without GUI and integrated in Cubase SX (through device panel and redirecting the monitoring button).

... but as I learn the SDK! no release date!

cheers

Michel
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Yes Michel do it !
THanks for this Y wire stuff !! I was looking for something similar to experiment and I tried your device wich fitted the bill perfectly !
Great tip for renaming as well.

The Y wire indeed hunts !

Man, this user community really rocks !
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi Bifop,

Your support with device panel at cubase.net was helpful too...

cheers

Michel
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Hey Stardust, If you read the thread correctly, you'll see that I did my part of discovery in this process, and not the least.
Michel, we don't even need the y stuff, a simple pass through would do. The process I describe is totally different than what you were after (by using 1 vinco and your Y or 2 vincos and that it).
Guys, don't make me look as a fool or somebody that steals others' discoveries or I certainly won't share my tips anymore here. Simply put, I'm not after fame, I'm just an enthousiast who likes when credit is given where it's due.
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Thanks my friend. I wouldn't want to be in trouble with the few that closely follow this XTC mode exploration. :D
Your reply shows that you have a strong community feeling and I deeply respect that.

Merry Christmas to you, Michel and the whole PlanetZ members.

Joël
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

Merry Xmas to you mates!

to sum up the thread:
If you have a key signal without XTC devces (purely in cubase/nuendo space), use the YWire device to send the key to the sidechained XTC device.
If your key signal already use XTC devices, you can directly connect the key in the sidechained XTC device as it is able to "see" the other devices inputs/outputs.

cheers

Michel
goaFromLivingRoom

Re: How to sidechain with cubase SX 3

Post by goaFromLivingRoom »

One question about Y wire:

You are right that it is possible to insert the Y wire into Vinco sidechain inserts. But unfortunately this configuration is not saved into vinco. If you save your cubase project and reopen cubase afterwards then the Y wire is disapeared. This is a bug of all scope sidechaining inserts: they are not saved.

Exist there another solution? I really like to sidechain with scope.

Thanks a lot...
MB Asus P5K-E, 1 x Scope 1 x Pulsar 1 x Elektra: Scope is the host, Winxp Prof, BCF2000
goaFromLivingRoom

Post by goaFromLivingRoom »

Hm, i feared it. Perhaps there exists another solution in XTC.
MB Asus P5K-E, 1 x Scope 1 x Pulsar 1 x Elektra: Scope is the host, Winxp Prof, BCF2000
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

If your key signal already use XTC devices, you can directly connect the key in the sidechained XTC device as it is able to "see" the other devices inputs/outputs.
Great tip indeed! :wink:

Merci à vous: je vais relancer un vieux projet en XTC rien que pour ça :P