DSP Based Hardware Effects Rule.

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

DSP Based Hardware Effects Rule.

Post by dawman »

This was my first audition w/ hands on use of this device.

It is as good if not better than a Lexicon 480L,

The modulation effects are sharp and clear, and the delay / reverbs are stunning.

The laser reverb algo is truly amazing.

On a Luna card w/ a 6DSP Rocket Booster this guy used the STM2448 and had 3 different reverbs and some nice Halion samples w/ Nuendo 3.2. He also uses a TC M3000 for extra oommpphh !!

A really beautiful mix was done. It was remarkable sounding in Scope.

I can't imagine wanting to make a mix in a big audio/MIDI sequencer app and not having Scope mixers to route lush effects into.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

would be the right toy for me also. :D
valis

Post by valis »

$1500 is a bit beyond what I could afford but I was interested in getting a Kurzweil Rumour (cut-down unit focusing on the Reverb/Delay side of things, laser verb still present) but they stopped manufacture in 2004/5 and finding one at a reasonable price seems very hard. They still respond to emails saying they hope to restart manufacture but I'm not really confident it will happen. I stopped paying attention closely last year but last I checked ebay actions for the Rumour went at near or even above the original sale price, meaning that the unit does seem to be in high demand. I have an aversion to paying above retail for a recent piece of kit sans warranty though...
dawman

Post by dawman »

If it's the same reverb, it is really sweet sounding.

Sounds remain uncolored, just properly bathed.

I don't have the green to pay for a KSP8 right now, and am happy w/ Lexicons sound quality.

The KSP8 w/ ADAT's would be a really sweet Scope hardware routed unit though.

You Have Good Tastes Valis.