Celmo's Ganja Dub Delay ( FREE !! )

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Celmo's Ganja Dub Delay ( FREE !! )

Post by dawman »

http://www.celmo.com/

I just found the perfect free delay that gets attached to my Oberheim EDP.

I only use the reverse looping abilities of the EDP now. It's fidelity is not as good as a Scope based delay, but great lo-fi, and reverse.

Ganja sounds really good due to it's precise high fidelity filters and actually the tails get a slight grundge at the fade points.

Lot's of great freebies there also.

I can't believe the quality of the free devices there.

I also got some free VST stuff at KVR as well. But Ganja Dub sounds much better thanks to Scope's atoms.

The Stereo EchoreQ II sounds as sweet as the Giant Old sewers underneath Paris. French developers have the best delays I have ever used,..perhaps during underground Ganja sessions they found their inspirations there. :roll:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Sure am glad I went shopping here.

I got many things including the X-Machine Channel Strip, complete w/ Kensuguro Presets, Classic Wave Synth, ( Star Trek Theramin ), all of the great freebies, the Starfleet Mixer, Stereo EchoreQ II reverb / delay, and a really sweet Spring Reverb.

I have a few Springs now and find they make my Guitar samples more realistic.

Celmo's not only sounds great, but being a keyboardist himself, knows that pre delay signal on any un modulated effect makes all the difference when the sounds still need to be up front, instead of being bathed in the effect immediately. On delays it is sometimes necessary to have the delay immediately, especially when using BPM's on the fly. But his Spring has a rather large amount of pre delay where you can adjust the time just right.
A good example is the percussive effect on a B3 and key click can all be set up rather nicely. The percussion harmonic is immediate, then key click is just a hair behind that, then adjust your pre delay so your key click doesn't take a bath in reverb. perfect, even prettier than the Leslie 122 spring and pre amp.

I have been doing some old Boston, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep songs and having a blast. Sweet Child In Time, and July Morning sound awesome.

Thanks Celmo,
Lima

Post by Lima »

I also love that delay! The wide button in fantastic and I use it with strongly detuned samples :-)
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
dawman

Post by dawman »

I just put a splash of the Deep Blue preset on my PCM91 to the B3 w/ the Spring.

I figured it would cancel out the great pre delay effect I had happening on the B3, which it did, so I gave the 91 a hair of pre delay, right in between the msec. range of seperation of the percussion, and key click. Fuck me,.. this is sweet.

I just love the sound of quality reverbs and delays. I am alone w/ no rehearsals other than daily practicing, and no trim,.... :cry: ......But since I have Scope, I can stop pretending I was sorry to see my girl go. :o
voidar

Post by voidar »

I use this on solos a lot.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I love his Phaza also.

SSB is really a quality vintage stompbox style, but Celmos is really niche, w/ a deep Q factor.

I use ScapeF's Synth FX and put both phasers in the wet, and insert slot for some really great thick phasing.
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Funny you should bring this up - I had some reggae singers in my studio recently and that dub delay got a good workout. Celmo's stuff continues to impress - even his older devices. If he was here I'd buy him a beer :lol: