ADAT I/O Reverb 4 Cheap !!

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

ADAT I/O Reverb 4 Cheap !!

Post by dawman »

I always figured the Quadraveb II by Alesis would suck cause it was cheap, and boasted a ridiculous amount of effects chained together.

I never needed one, but did like the Q20, and mourn it's sale.

But recently have decided to run a PA using the good old DAS mixer. I demo'd our singers Q2 and was shocked that it sounded as good as the Q20 as long as you use the whole amount of DSP power for a single stereo reverb.

What's great for us is as usual people think it's old and no longer good ( like SFP :lol: ), but I have one to use, one on the way, and just bought a 3rd one for 75 USD shipped !!

Anyone wanting to route a quality sounding reverb using ADAT I/O's needs to hear one of these. Sure it ain't no Lexicon, but we all know how much trouble DSP reverbs can be if too many are used. This baby sounds fine, and will ease the DSP load, and at the price they are going for on ebay, it's definately a sore dick deal.

I will be using a total of four of these and automate their presets and levels from a hardware sequencer. They also have a really nice chorus, but for delays I prefer SpaceF and Celmo, ankyuvarymush.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Just waiting for my cables from ProMusic SoCal to have all 4 of these running.

I was listening to the Heil PR40 through Wolf's 16 channel mixer and the Solid State Crane Song Mic Pre as I experimented with some of his Modular ideas. The Alesis Q2 sounds awful damn good for the 110 USD that they seem to sell for. It might be the mic pre that helps out also, but I must add, that the broadcast quality sound with a plate algo is impessive. It doesn't emulate wood floors, or tiled floor spaces like a Lexicon PCM, but it's large halls, and stage / rooms are damn nice.

My live FOH DAW is going to sound great once I reconfigure it w/ an A16U, and 4 of these puppies.

eBay suddenly has quite a few of these.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Wowie, Zowie,

These little babies will work just fine.

They sound really good, especially for the price I paid,....340 USD for all 3 !!

They are going in my live production DAW for the automated / live show.

I have decided to use 3 hardware reverbs for samples, a PCM42 for the delays, along w/ SpaceF's Echo 35 and Celmos Ganja Dub.

But I finally broke down to buy all of Warp69's reverbs, and these will have to be used on vocals, as their quality and awesome editing abilities ( A100 / i100 ) must be used.

The DAS Mixer will make me a nice chunk of change again, but this time there will be many more automation tricks and effects. I used the PCM91 on the girls last routine, but That is in my rig now.

For vocals one must know how to program reverb and ambience, but the highest quality is needed there as the voice is extremely dynamic. But for Gigastudio samples the Alesis Q2 has fine sound. It's no PCM91, but the price and quality definately make it a sore dick deal 4 sure

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alesis-Quadraverb-2 ... dZViewItem
dawman

Post by dawman »

I can't stop talking these up here.

The Q20 was a great reverb, and I am sorry I was forced to sell it as the bastards are rare and go for 600-1000 USD on ebay.

The Q2 sounds different only on the halls where it is over diffused sounding in it's tails.

But the elusive gated large room preset of the PCM70 has just been made. It wasn't listed in the presets, and the gate is somewhat hidden, but I just programmed the killer gated reverb for horns.

Somebody please break into your vault for a days pay and grab one of these.

You will love it for it's modulation effects also.

It ain't no TC or Lexicon, but this dog hunts quite well, and for 100 USD ??@(@(&

Oh well, this tip is over.