MIDI Tremolo S

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

MIDI Tremolo S

Post by dawman »

I have discovered a new effect that gives motion to a track in a mix.

Years ago my ARP String Ensemble had a Y adapter with an A/B box so I could play one send to my Moog Lab Series Amp, and one to my Leslie. The selector would allow 3 choices of routing. A, B, or both.

The motion factor came from a Leslie 147 in it's slow speed mode. I miss that sound. So I route my ARP emu the same way now, but I don't like the overdrive effect the rotary cabinet gives it.. So I was trying different effects like Tremolo, Auto pan, and LFO modulations in Interpole. I couldn't get the right amount of modulation w/o coloring my patch.

Then I found MIDI Tremolo S. It allows me some minute tweaks to mimic a Leslie cabinet in it's slow speed. The others were too heavy. This works perfectly, but the presets don't give you a clue of half of it's capabilities.
The Sine wave with the fractional amounts reversed to a slower sweep, and less depth make this effect come to life. It sounds great on my ARP emu. It also helps to match the rate of a phaser to the rate of the MIDI Tremolo so it gives it an in and out effect, while a slow rotating effect goes left to right. Really nice.

I then put it on my B2003 and matched the slow speed of that rate. The real beauty of that is when I step on my FC5 to make the rotary speed go fast, the MIDI Tremolo gets muted. I love the way Scope handles MIDI. CC5, CC8, Wolf's MIDI Tool Box, and DJ Micron's Cyprox are serious MIDI weapons which will do things that hardware cannot dream of.

My Sickness Deepens By The Day,