mpeg 2 for TripleLE

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

mediamalte

mpeg 2 for TripleLE

Post by mediamalte »

I'm working with TripleLE mostly for a Radiostation. The Stationsfiles are alle in mp2, but TripleLe can just merge in Wave or mp3. Now I found a good solution :D

If you look in the Installfiles of TripleLE you find some mpeg 2setupfiles, but you can't use this important Audiocodec. If you change the original file mpegsetup.mdl (32kb in App/ TripleDat) with the file mpegsetup.mdl (16kb) from Cutmaster - you have mpeg 2 and mpeg 3 in the normaly Programm setup. You can downlaod the The Cutmastersoftware with the correct file from the creamware FTP Server.
Attachments
Mpegsetup.jpg
Mpegsetup.jpg (68.37 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
Scope Home + Pulsar 1/ AMD Opteron 2,4 Ghz/ 3 Gig Ram/ Nvidia 7800GT/ a lot of HD Space :-) and Windows 7
dawman

Post by dawman »

Great Tip Mate,
Do you also use Osiris?

I always wanted to learn about the broadcasting end of the business.

The last thing I heard about was 25 years ago when a local radio station use to interview my band in between albums, and tours. They took our Aphex Aurel Exciter and used it to add it to an evening of content. They had so many calls about the broadcast quality they bought 3 of them the next day from Bob Heil @ Ye Old Music Shop. They just were released and the price bac k then was 3000 USD, and the 1U rack had no screws !! It was a real Top Secret big deal back then. It caused such a stir, that every mastering facility bought into it.

Thanks.
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

Hi Scope4live,

I don't use osiris but I think it's an good software.
Thats a nice story about the Aphex aurel exciter :D
I'm working as an Journalist for a Radiostation and I'm not an engineer, so I can't tell you much about the equipment. Mostly I'm just using Broadcastsoftware and Audioeditors.
My experience with Audioeditors is, that Creamware was very succesfull for some years but now the most Stations didn't use creamware anymore - even the poor one with older equipment. For some years Creamware create even a special version of Cutmaster for one of the biggest Stations (the Westdeutscher Rundfunk - WDR) - the WDR cutter - but even this special software is nearly out of order... :cry:
Scope Home + Pulsar 1/ AMD Opteron 2,4 Ghz/ 3 Gig Ram/ Nvidia 7800GT/ a lot of HD Space :-) and Windows 7
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yepp.

CW is definately old school.

Then again, the AK47 is the most successful assault rifle ever made, but it is also old school.
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

a nice comparison :D Thats the reason why many people around the world using the AK47 and we also use Scope :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have both, but use Scope way more the AK. The rounds are too expensive, and I can still hit a 12 inch grouping at 300 yards. :o

Some musicians are prepared for battle in more ways than one.

My Scope weapons are much more fearsome. :D