SpaceF's Wax-S On Bowen's ProWave Vrs.1.1

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

SpaceF's Wax-S On Bowen's ProWave Vrs.1.1

Post by dawman »

Wow, This Has To Be Shared,
We all know how customisable Wax-S can be. I immediately put it on my Hohner D6 Clavinet, and Rhodes Libraries for those good old Weather Report, and Headhunters style jams.

But I never had a synth on a Wah-Wah pedal in Scope. I used an ancient Apollo Wah-Wah on my Oberheims years back and it sucked the FATNESS right out of them, so it was nixxed for the old but fierce T.C.Electronics Chorus pedal, which worked well.

So I thought I would try ProWave with Wax-S and OMG it's a fierce predator !! Rather than doing the same old style of playing I began experimenting with the inserts, and the other endless options it has.

It will do sweeps with such a long range using a standard expression pedal. This is way more than a Wah-Wah pedal, it's a Scope Wah-Wah from SpaceF, so if you want to really make your synths signature sounding, try this device. I have only just begun to try new and different approaches with it.

Right now I chose the CW SBC for the Amp insert, and Celmo's Pro Vintage Delay in the output effects insert.

I have two sends this way, one sweeps, and the other is dry w/ the original ProWave preset. You can mix the balance of the 2 sends to suit your needs.

On ProWave I have the expression pedal tied to the filter so I can have 2 sweeps of the same preset ! It syncs nicely and gives the illusion of 2 synths tied together. It's truly awesome.

Even w/o the ProWave doing a sweep, just the Wax-S, it is still very unique sounding. You can tweak this little puppy for hours and never get the same results.

Once Again I Am Flabbergasted.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Wow,
It actually explains my excitement.

I thought ProWave could not be improved, but this changed my mind, as it will pretty much take any idea with Scope FX and run with it,

This was wisely named Wax, by meaning you could melt it with anything else in our arsenal, oh, and it is an excellent Wah-Wah for doing some great fusion and funk shit with.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Again Jimmy's Waxing lyrical about Mehdi (sorry).
dawman

Post by dawman »

Can't help it.

All I do is rehearse w/ my new production in LV, rehears on the weekends w/ the Psychedelic Tribute.

I live, eat, shit, and breathe Scope these days.

Life is grand, and so is SFP and Mehdi.