Canadians Are Happening

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Canadians Are Happening

Post by dawman »

I got a tip here a couple of weeks ago from a forum member ( Janni ) that showed me this link................................................................ http://www.midisolutions.com/products.htm

I have since found some killer steals on ebay for many of these items.

I am stoked by the F8 which is an incredible controller for MIDI. It will use expression pedals, footswitches, etc.

My controllers have susatain pedals and volume, etc. But this unit will allow me to build my own pedal, footswitch box to house 8 different pedals and switches. The pedals can be used for switching off/on bypass buttons of Scope's effects while they're in the channel inserts, etc. The possibilities are endless. Since Wax-S turned out to be a real killer effect pedal, I decided to use it twice in my projects already. So the MIDI Solutions F8 will let keyboard players build their own custom pedalboards.

MIDI is a very powerful form of control, and it's older than Scope !

Scope just keeps getting more fun every week.
Mark Belbin

Re: Canadians Are Happening

Post by Mark Belbin »

Jimmy,

Do you think it's a coincidence that our dollar is worth more than yours now?

:)

Tomorrow, The World!

Belbin
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man BELBIN !!!
Glad you chimed your Newfoundland ass in!!

This is my favorite developer for Gigastudio guys !!

Watch his posts, as he is extremely talented, and knowledgeable, and some day might break into the vault for a Scope card !!

Stardust you are right, but the Cannucks have their own great talent up there. It brings back my hockey memories as a youngster when I would drive 1000's of miles to freeze and get my ass kicked. Karate tournaments were where I got my evens though.

BTW, I have another tip. Buy only Type II cards, they will load way more synths with big poly than those Type I's with their higher latencies also.

Orevua, Alvetazein....................Strength And Honor.
Mark Belbin

Post by Mark Belbin »

As always, Jimmy, you're too kind.

My Newfoundland ass is getting on a New York bound plane this thursday to join TASCAM at AES booth #218. They'll be showing off some cool new stuff, and so will I. A lot of it will be co-showed off. If you're in the neighborhood, stop in and see us!

I'll leave it at that, since I'm unsure to what extent the above constitutes unwanted advertisement-type stuff. Just lloking foreward to seeing some faces and shaking some hands as opposed to all this virtual socialization and networking (Without which, of course, I would be completely isolated on this desolate but charming rock.)

Best,
Belbin
dawman

Post by dawman »

You and Jeff 'eh?

2 PlanetZ members in the same place at the same time.

Please, if you get a break from all of hub-hub, check out the Bricasti reverb for me. It would mean alot to me to know how the newest baddest reverb in hardware ever made, so they say, really sounds.

I know your ears are good, your instruments demonstrate that very well.

Have A Great Time,
hubird

Post by hubird »

it'll be top-notch for sure already :-)
Mark Belbin

Post by Mark Belbin »

Yeah. Alan B will be working the booth too. It'll be neat.

I'll definitely check out the Bricasti for you. I'll let you know my thoughts either during (if I can get to a web cafe-don't have a laptop) or after I get back.

Best,
Belbin
dawman

Post by dawman »

GS4 should punish the competition.

K3 was a very meger upgrade. Not even 64 bit !!
dawman

Post by dawman »

64bit? Who cares, maybe next NAMM show in 2009.

Well I took my new Event Processor from----- www.midisolutions.com and tried it out.

This is a live players dream. I use to have Wolf's Panic Buttons, and CW's MIDI Filter running, along with a hardware patch bay. I got rid of 2 of the MX8's, and got this little beauty. It filters out active sensing, and anything else I want it to. The best thing though, is I can use a footswitch as a panic button now. Wolf's Panic buttons are great coming out of the ASIO 2 24 Module, and the Event Processor stops all the bull shit flowing from my KS88's before it ever gets to the CW Midi Filter module. But I still use that and Wolf's P-Buttons as extra help. If some uneeded messages get through from the hardware FX, or the SE-1x, it surely won't be any trouble at'll.

My problem comes from too many CC's in Creamware's project window. All of the Mixers functions are attached to one KS88, then the second KS88 has the effects ( hardware and software ), and various synth parameters.

Way too much shit, but now there are no problemos anywhere. These 2 controllers send out tons of data, and really do not need to. Just the meat & potatoes please.

In the last 23 years I have sung the MIDI blues at times, I hate it, but shit happens and you gotta roll with it. But to have a panic button on the ground to control notes off/on, is heavenly.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Superbly.