Six String 4 Adding Authenticity

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Six String 4 Adding Authenticity

Post by dawman »

Six String is an underated CW plug, just like their B2003 .

The Six String suffers from stolen notes in the authenticity department though. Unless you can afford to give 8 or 9 voices to carry over slurs and passages.

I use it with a great Acoustic sample from a Tascam developer, which adds great realism to the sound. It has the fret buzzes, and other characteristics the Six String doesn't have. So the end result is really very good. Six String can be used with 4 or 5 voices of poly, and since Gigastudio 3 / GVI is extremely powerful, it's poly carries the rest of the sound. I have been using it for the Me And Mobby McGee song from the Joplin song, this allows our guitarist to strum slong with me, doing occasional slides and leads. It sounds really good. Then when the drums and B3 come in I can stray from the Guitar parts that dominate the intro are of the peice.

I have emulated the style of playing from learning and perfecting guitar parts from Dust In The Wind, Baby I'm gonna Leave You, alomg with Wasted,And Can't Find My Way Home.

So once again the original developers from CW have done the platform an invaluable service that many here overlook in their quest for synths. These 2 instruments give me such a jump over the ( yawn,yawn ) VSTi's that pollute our superior world. But some must win, and some must lose in order for us to have the best of the best. Kind of like capitalism.
Last edited by dawman on Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.