Near the edge of maximum dsp

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

blazesboylan

Post by blazesboylan »

*kisses valis*

:grin:

I'm going to try it & will report back...
astroman

Post by astroman »

On 2005-08-15 19:04, valis wrote:
Now that the cards sit in an ancient bx-based P3 with 100mhz ram I find I have to close SFP between sessions. Reset board if idle seems to have no effect.
... but I thought I'd add my 2 cents just in case a pattern emerges here.
looks like that - my system is an ancient Celeron 1G on Intel 815, too ... :wink:

cheers, tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

I agree with Astro about single project approach. I also incorporate that with GS3. That's one of my reasons for the external FX, plus the prefference on sound of the reverb. I load up everything one time, and won't shutdown till the gig/rehersal is over. Scope just plays B2003,minimax, and occasional modulation FX i.e.,Phase/Flange, Detune/Chorus,and of course Tape Simulator, all loaded in advance in STM16,controlled by buss solo/mute. Plus Melotron Flutes through chorus/vibrato of B2003 with volume swells. GS3 loads all samples with/without stored impulses, 93 different instruments. So far,so good.BTW, I just talked to a private developer who has made a Scope version of the ancient Lexicon Prime Time ( same colored sliders as on old ARP Oddessey ), where pitch algorythim is seperate from feedback loop, and can do some weird stuff. I can't say, cause I haven't heard it, but he is under contract, for certain studio agreements concerning information, and sharing of projects he has worked on. Obviously, they didn't like the idea, or he is a Free Agent again.At any rate, pitch variation and deterioration on the tails of FX have always made the effect for me. When I play an old Jimmy Smith song I combine the tube warmth of B2003 with Celmos Tape Sim's warmth, and Damn it sounds so good you are forced to play less to hear more of the effect.Now if I could just get that pitch/flutter the way I like it. I'm so used to hardware comprimises with sounds, this concept of creating in Scope whatever you imagine, is going to continually inspire me. That's a real platform.
blazesboylan

Post by blazesboylan »

On 2005-08-16 19:52, scope4live wrote:
I just talked to a private developer who has made a Scope version of the ancient Lexicon Prime Time
Give it here!

I used to own a Lexicon Super PrimeTime. It was almost as cool as Wolf's Matrix Delay :grin:, except it didn't have any automation or recall. :sad: Nevertheless it sounded beautiful, all 12 bits of it, or whatever the hell it was. Like melted butter on a guitar track. In fact the only reason I got rid of it was the lack of presets and MIDI control!

Me wants.
dawman

Post by dawman »

As MacArthur said, I shall return. When my road trip is over, I should have plenty of tales concerning Scope/GS3 for live use. I also expect to have 1:1 XPander emulation, and if all goes right " PrymeTyme ". I suspect for legal reasons the wrong spelling. If these two items await me, this means that possibly I will only have rackmounted hardware only. The long awaited dream could become a reality. But if disaster strikes, this could become my home studio instead. Either way, I win. From what I've heard of VDAT, this is all good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scope4live on 2005-08-22 17:59 ]</font>