BIG space

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Not really an unknown trick, but I found myself doing quite often with my recent compos so here it goes.

The trick has to do with masterverb (or any other reverb) and how to mix it to get a really big sound. I've been doing this since my DSP factory days. What you're trying to do is to use the pre-fader send on the aux to have the reverb of the sound become greater than the dry sound. This way, you can adjust the dry/wet balance of each track you send to the reverb.

Load up a big mixer project with the masterverb in aux. Turn off "dry"

Then, on the channel strip, turn on "pre" on the aux send. Give it a max send for now.

Turn down the channel fader all the way. You should be hearing only reverb right now.

Tweak the reverb to your likings. Turn off ER if you want maximum space.

Then, go back to the channel fader and gradually increase the volume. Go back and forth 'till you like it.

So there, that's it. Very simple way to "calibrate" your space.

Was that a dumb trick? It wasn't too obvious when I first figured it out. Anyway, if you haven't tried it, please do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2002-06-26 00:10 ]</font>
gedas

Post by gedas »

Thanks Ken, it's just what I need right now.