PLEASE, POST YOUR BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE HERE

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

FlatEric

Post by FlatEric »

Having spent a good few weeks reading (and listening to some of the tracks) on these pages, I'm a bit in awe of some of the experience and ability to be found in Planet Z's community, but I guess my best offer for knowledge would be on the DJing tip with DJ Evo & Kensuguro.

I've been playing on and off since I was about 15. Jeeez... that's 17 years ago now (you can do the maths) :smile:), I've been spending more time in front of my PC than my decks.

I might need some kind of direction if I'm to write anything educational though, or I'll just be making waffles all night :smile: I'm guessing someone has a masterplan for this thread, right?

Other than that I've got a 'working knowledge' of Cubase, midi, sampling, mixing, effects etc but I need to learn a lot, lot more particularly about the theory of music.
cook

Post by cook »

The easiest and most direct road to success could be, guys, to do a production.
And document each step.
Each step could then point into some specific article, in-depth-explanation.

(btw.: german pulsarians will remember: there were a series of articles by Dirk Hilger, Sagemusic.de, in one of the two big german music-mags end of last year. He showed (nearly) everything (! in Cubase) and coincidently this simple song got into the charts, yes!)

This is a community, definitely. It would be different.

So, who wants to exercise a music-production on SFP, taking the lead and thus gets supported with everything he/she wants, plus accompagning in-depth-essays as links?

Nestor: at some point you could delete all unnecessary posts in this forum. Yes, the desire for good, simple tutorials is definitely there!

'HOW DID YOU DO THAT MUSIC? TELL US, WE'RE EAGER TO LEARN!'