Synth drift

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sormast

Synth drift

Post by Sormast »

Hi to everyone. Synthesizers (MiniMax, U K. 007...) drift (especially noticeable on high bpm). Treated? Sampler does not want. How will the people ever bass (and all other) on analog use? Floats awful
djmicron

Re: Synth drift

Post by djmicron »

what do you mean?
Very difficult to understand for a non english.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

??

G
hubird

Post by hubird »

@sormast, you panic? because of bad midi timing in your setup?
Sormast

Post by Sormast »

hubird wrote:@sormast, you panic? because of bad midi timing in your setup?
sorry for my bad English. matter in bad synchronization is possible. what it is necessary to put in settings? thanks
Attachments
2013-12-15_134409.png
2013-12-15_134409.png (31.09 KiB) Viewed 14210 times
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Try changing Timecode Source > MIDI Timecode to Internal Timecode. Maybe that what you mean but it is hard to understand what you want. But I hope that helps.
Sormast

Post by Sormast »

t_tangent wrote:Try changing Timecode Source > MIDI Timecode to Internal Timecode. Maybe that what you mean but it is hard to understand what you want. But I hope that helps.
It is obligatory for MIDI Device to create? Because without it mistiming. Internal Timecode should be adjusted or to leave by default?
Attachments
2013-12-15_134849.png
2013-12-15_134849.png (13.62 KiB) Viewed 14176 times
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

what do you need midi timecode for?

for kick me and minimax it's not needed.

For other tools such as arpeg02, you only need midi clock and there isn't a timecode option, so better you don't send timecode where it is not required.

You don't need to add scope devices as external instruments, it's enough to control them over midi ports from the sequencer.
Sormast

Post by Sormast »

djmicron wrote:what do you need midi timecode for?

for kick me and minimax it's not needed.

For other tools such as arpeg02, you only need midi clock and there isn't a timecode option, so better you don't send timecode where it is not required.

You don't need to add scope devices as external instruments, it's enough to control them over midi ports from the sequencer.
Without MIDI Device at tools mistiming. Shift to the right
garyb

Post by garyb »

did you check "use system timestamp" in the midi menu in Cubase?
Sormast

Post by Sormast »

Attachments
2013-12-16_110310.png
2013-12-16_110310.png (15.72 KiB) Viewed 14119 times
Sormast

Post by Sormast »

One more problem. Analog has to behave so?People sample analog? It is impossible because to work
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

djmicron

Post by djmicron »

sorry Sormast, it is still unclear to me which problem you are having.

The sample you uploaded is around 145.7 bpm and has some randomness in the attack of the sound.

If the bpm is ok, then the randomness in the attack can be caused by different factors.

I encountered a similar problem when midi notes were doubled and the scope synth was set to 1 voice of polyphony, then i discovered that my master keyboard was sending the same midi notes twice due to a wrong setup, so disabled that function, solved the problem.

It would be useful if you tell us how is your setup, daw(cubase i guess), audio driver, samplerate, how you record or create midi parts, how you record the audio, etc.
Sormast

Post by Sormast »

djmicron wrote:sorry Sormast, it is still unclear to me which problem you are having.

The sample you uploaded is around 145.7 bpm and has some randomness in the attack of the sound.

If the bpm is ok, then the randomness in the attack can be caused by different factors.

I encountered a similar problem when midi notes were doubled and the scope synth was set to 1 voice of polyphony, then i discovered that my master keyboard was sending the same midi notes twice due to a wrong setup, so disabled that function, solved the problem.

It would be useful if you tell us how is your setup, daw(cubase i guess), audio driver, samplerate, how you record or create midi parts, how you record the audio, etc.
tell please about that problem in more detail. how to disconnect. this that is possible.
daw - cubase, audio driver - scope asio, samplerate - 44.100, midi - "External instruments", next MIDI Device (without the out-of-sync).
Attachments
2013-12-15_134849.png
2013-12-15_134849.png (13.62 KiB) Viewed 14061 times
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Edited as my reply was irrelevant and it seems garyb has replied to the op question. :)
Last edited by t_tangent on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i never use external instruments settings and i use midi in Cubase from Scope all the time.
dante

Post by dante »

Yeah scope can do that routing no need to do it in Cubase
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Here's how my Project Sync Set-up window looks. Also, do not use External Instruments.
Attachments
untitled-crop.JPG
untitled-crop.JPG (189.41 KiB) Viewed 14040 times
Sormast

Post by Sormast »

Mr Arkadin wrote:Here's how my Project Sync Set-up window looks. Also, do not use External Instruments.
If not External Instruments.. how? I want to use a mixer Cubase. thank you
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Personally I never use Cubase's mixer. I route via ASIO from Cubase into a Scope mixer. You can plug all your Scope synths and effects into the Scope mixer. You can then feed the result back into Cubase for recording. There is no latency this way.

Have you adjusted the ULLI in Scope:Set>Settings>ULLI for a low setting?