Raw Mixer/DSP usage?

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

yish313

Raw Mixer/DSP usage?

Post by yish313 »

Having not saved enough for my Scope investment(), I ask this question out of sheer chip cards i need to order. The 48/96 mixer plugin needs how many chips to function outside of the effects?

I apologize if this a some what, Noob Question!!!
As I have been a stunnded looker upon the shear excellence in the purpose of Scope, I am still stunned and also found without and wanting.

-yish
fraz

Post by fraz »

Which of the Scope cards do you have?

All of the modules including the mixers use the DSP from what ever Creamware card you use. The 48 channel mixer will use more DSP power from the card that you have in comparison to a 24 channel mixer. If you look in the Creamware settings you can see how much DSP power is being used for your project as a whole.

I don't think it is correct to ask how many DSP chips do you need to be able to use the 48 channel mixer but I would say that if you do use the 48 channel mixer you will have a big project and if you have the Creanware Home / Luna / Power Sampler then this may not be enough, or if it is enough DSP it will be only just enough!!!

If you have the top of the range Scope with 14 DSP chips you will have more than enough DSP power for a big project.

HTH